free website stats program Twin Cooled?? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin Cooled??

The Tri-glide is liquid cooled also.
Photo with white oval show radiator in fairing lower.

I like the color of the trike too.

Attachments

• 14-hd-tri-glide-ultra-c38-w06 - Copy.png
    14-hd-tri-glide-ultra-c38-w06 - Copy.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 57
I thought I saw radiator grills in the lowers of the Ultra.. I guess cooling fans will be on the next generation with complete engine cooling.
So who knows then, maybe the Vrod will morph into the Road Glide?????? :dknow

Word is just now leaking out?? May I quote screwylouie the blind squirrel.

Re: Liquid cooled RG in '15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The July 2012 issue of Cycle World has an article written by their resident engineer/technical columnist, Kevin Cameron that may be of interest. According to him, Harley Davidson applied for a patent for their big twin heads, with water cooling that is limited to the exhaust valve area. The XR1200R already does (did) this but with oil. Why not use oil? Because oil can "coke" and become solid when, at engine shutdown, heat soak back from the exhaust valve/seat can bake the oil into a solid that eventually blocks flow. Water cools better than oil and cannot coke.(The above is quoted but I edited to shorten the post).

I am betting we'll shortly be seeing this, combined with an electric water pump and an unobtrusive radiator.

So who knows then, maybe the Vrod will morph into the Road Glide?????? :dknow[/QUOTE]

this is my fear.......i was set to trade till they pulled it for 2014.

Stopped by MBHD yesterday to look at the new 2014. The limited, the ultra classic, and tri-glide are all liquid cooled. The radiator so to speak is located inside the lowers housing, I was drooling over a silver-blue limited, may have to take a test ride!:D

Stopped by MBHD yesterday to look at the new 2014. The limited, the ultra classic, and tri-glide are all liquid cooled. The radiator so to speak is located inside the lowers housing, I was drooling over a silver-blue limited, may have to take a test ride!:D

Don't do it gator unless your ready to trade. These 2014s are moving fast!! Two friends of mine went to Lakeland HD and traded up in the last two days. Me thinks the MoCo has a hit on their hands.

This should be great for keeping your feet warm summer and winter .:s

I would never buy a new model the first year out until it is proven.

Is that where the cooling fans are going to go later????

This should be great for keeping your feet warm summer and winter .:s

I would never buy a new model the first year out until it is proven.

Come on, where is your sprit of adventure? New horizons? Explore the unknown? First one to be trailered back to the dealer?:D

Back