free website stats program Twin Cooled?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin Cooled??

If you read what Wrenchin posted the information from HD says it is air cooled. The twin cooled simply means that they are still putting an oil cooler on the CVO's and Limited models.

This is how I interpret it. No water cooled HD as of yet. Too bad, I believe my 2008 will jump in value once the MoCo goes to water cooled engines.

I would say only the Limited gets WATER cooling because the HD faithful seem to be intolerable of even thinking a Harley with a radiator is acceptable. It's only on the Limited right now, to let everyone get used to the idea, and then will migrate to the rest of the bikes once it's accepted. IMHO.
I am not buying a radiator. But let's have a poll!
WAP.gif

If you read what Wrenchin posted the information from HD says it is air cooled. The twin cooled simply means that they are still putting an oil cooler on the CVO's and Limited models.

The CVO's and Ultra Limited models for 2014 are twin cooled, meaning water and air cooled. No more oil coolers on these models. The Ultra Classic is only air cooled and still comes standard with an oil cooler. The Daymaker headlights and passing lights are standard now on these models. I'm going to check out the new models tomorrow and might trade mine in, if I like what I see and can make a good deal :D

This is all it says about that limited model, maybe it has optional air conditioning? :D

About Harley-Davidson Touring Electra Glide® Ultra Classic®

The 2014 Harley-Davidson® Electra Glide® Ultra Classic® model FLHTC is a great touring motorcycle for your long distance trips. As part of Project Rushmore the Harley® Ultra Classic model has been redesigned for 2014 and features a new air-cooled high output Twin Cam 103 Harley engine with more low-end torque and passing power. It's mated to a smooth-shifting 6 speed cruise drive transmission for low rpm at highway speeds. For 2014, the Ultra Classic has improved room and touring comfort for the passenger and redesigned the iconic batwing fairing to reduce head buffeting. The H-D Electra Glide Ultra Classic motorcycle features the new Reflex® anti-lock braking system (ABS) with dynamically, electronically linked brakes for optimum braking in all conditions. Long distance riding has never been better. The new Boom™ Box Infotainment system provides the loudest, clearest sound and most intuitive operation ever on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. A key feature of the bike is the motorcycle luggage capacity. The sleek new saddlebags and Tour Pak® provide more room for your gear. New on the Electra Glide Ultra Classic this year are Daymaker™ LED headlamps and LED fog lamps that provide 450' of punch down the road. The saddlebags on the Ultra Classic have new latches that can be operated with one hand. Also take the time to discover more Harley touring motorcycles such as the Ultra Limited® model, another touring bike. The Street Glide® model is also a must see for motorcycle touring. Keep in mind the touring bikes, including the Electra Glide® Ultra Classic® model, have an optional motorcycle sidecar.

Anyone read anything here about water cooled heads, radiator, or water cooling? It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!:D

Direct quote from the HD site:

Twin-Cooled High Output Twin Cam 103® Engine
If you started in 1909 with the very first Harley-Davidson V-Twin engine and worked your way up through every engine, every innovation, every improvement, every ride, every durability test in all those years and countless miles since, you arrive at the Twin Cooled High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine. This is the top of the line. 103 cubic inches of air and precision cooled Harley-Davidson® V-twin power. Twin cooling cools the heads around the exhaust ports to deliver at or near peak performance under all operating conditions and temperatures. Higher compression ratio increases efficiency and horsepower. There’s a new airbox for increased airflow and a new cam to optimize low-end torque. It’s got the fastest 60 to 80 mph 5th gear roll on in the history of Harley-Davidson. Which means it’s got the most passing power in the history of Harley-Davidson. On top of all that, it puts less heat on the rider and passenger on scorching days and in stop and go traffic.

I added the bold font since that seems to be the crux of the question. Does "precision cooled" mean the same as "water?"

Thanks Dr. Now I'm really confused! I would think that the news boys would be all over this, maybe even a congressional investigative hearing.

Back