free website stats program Twin Cooled?? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin Cooled??

How about the new Indian Chief? Air cooled 110 and looking really good.:newsmile029:

After the new Indians are on the street a while, gonna check out the Indian forum to see how many complaints about that air cooled 111 incher being too hot. Should be interesting if anyone buys them.

After the new Indians are on the street a while, gonna check out the Indian forum to see how many complaints about that air cooled 111 incher being too hot. Should be interesting if anyone buys them.

:D Good Idea, I have 2 friends who have already test rode them and like them so far:D

What exactly is the fluid that is used to cool the heads around the exhaust port and is a enclosed system or not. After looking at the new bikes and asking sales people at the dealership, nobody could answer these 2 questions.

What exactly is the fluid that is used to cool the heads around the exhaust port and is a enclosed system or not. After looking at the new bikes and asking sales people at the dealership, nobody could answer these 2 questions.

It is coolant(water based), system similar to a car or other motorcycle.

Me thinks I will be riding my 09 Road Glide for a LONG time, this setup seriously violates the KISS school of engineering.

WO NELLIE !!! That sticker price is about enough to give me a stroke!!!

Yeah...my thoughts exactly. I looked at the differences between the Ultra and the Limited and I don't see much anymore other than the 103" twin-cooled motor.

I was at a toss-up in 2012 between and Ultra and a Limited. The year prior, the 103" motor was only offered on the limited but they became the standard powerplant in 2012, so the only differences were chrome accented wheels, a luggage rack on the tourpack (but the bag guard bars were not on the limited) a power recepticle in the tourpak, and titanium-faced gauges. didn't see anything that justified the added cost for the "Limited" badge so I went with the Ultra.

When HD decides they are going to redesign the engine to TOTALLY go liquid cooled (similar to the VRod but with more low rpm torque) or even break from tradition totally and go with a V-4 water-cooled set up, they will see the sales go through the roof. All the old-school HD riders will swear they will never change to a water-cooled ride but when they see the additional performance that will be available (the twin-cooled bikes now put out about 10 more foot pounds of torque and who knows how much more horsepower...Harley won't say, just through cooling, different cams, ignition timing and fuel mapping) they may change their minds. Not to mention, if they own a 96" stock touring bike, that they haven't poured thousands into new pipes, tuners, air cleaners, oil coolers etc, they will get tired of the 2nd degree burns on the underside of their thighs from the heat.

Face it folks...the EPA has decreed that the days of the air-cooled motor are drawing to a close through their higher air/fuel ratio mandates which cause heat, requiring retarded timing, and thereby reducing power, factors that can be eliminated through efficient liquid engine cooling.

I hope as a purist The MOCO can figure a way to keep the air cooled twin in the line up, may be focus on oil cooling the heads, fatter cooling fins and 4 valve heads

Back