free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

2 years and 9K miles so far and no parts problems, so far. <fingers crossed>. Did have a problem at around 2K miles that turned out to be a loose electrical connection on a fuel injector.

2001 FLHT, bought it new----1.Stator went bad @ 22K, cause was open circuit in windings, out of warranty 2.Crank position sensor @ 68K, unknown root cause, replacement CPS was bad out-of-box, and we all know HD's policy on returning electrical parts 3. Diaphragm in petcock failed @ 77k-----try and fix THAT on the side of the road.

front wheel bearing went bad on 09 dynna fxd, pushing 12000ml. took it in and was told warrenty would cover it but not the tire, the tire has tread within specs but it has unuasual wear on it. now i need a new tire because of the unsaual wear but warreny wont cover one because of the miles i got on the bike i havent been told that the tire needs to be replaced becouse of wear or lack of tread just that the warrenty would not cover the tiae because of the miles on the bike. im i wrong for bushing a for a new tire cause the shop that did the 10000ml service said i didnt need a tire and im sure most would push for a new tire for sales but the shop could cleary see it didnt need one.

96 1200 sportster front motor mount bolt hole cracked at 120000 miles
03 dyna crank pos sensor at 30000 miles

Last edited by a moderator:
07 Fatboy, the Harley flush gas cap is garbage. Cost waaay too much, leaks, incredibly difficult to open. Frankly just a poor design.

Mine's been good, although I had to replace the upper inner fairing windshield inserts. Mine were the old, pressed in style. I never, ever over torqued 'em, still they pulled out.

Got the newer screw in type, haven't had a problem since.

Oh yeah, the gas gauge light bulb burned out. That's what led to the insert problem.

The D407F (Front tire) was cupping so badly I had to replace @ 9400 miles. Dealer said there was nothing they could do, which truly stunned me:) A little piece of black wrinkle paint peeled off the top of the motor/tranny case area. All else is well so far!

04 road glide. cam chain shoes wore out at 48,000 miles. leaked oil. bottom of front and rear fenders rusted. (never in salt).

06 ultra classic, i pulled cams out to change shoes, and rear cam was chewed up where it fits into needle bearing. (junk from factory). because of that, now having to replace oil pump, cam plate, cams, lifters. Harley davidson has almost gone back to AMF days. 08 s -2010s im hearing are even worse w/ junk rods, pressed on cam lobs.

06 ultra classic, i pulled cams out to change shoes, and rear cam was chewed up where it fits into needle bearing. .

Just wondering. Did you own the '06 since New, what brand of oil were you using the time you had it and how many miles did you have on the engine..

Back