free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

Re: excessive vibrations

Bought my ultra-classic with factory sidecar 5 years ago Year of bike is 2005.
Lately the vibrations from the engine are getting so bad that parts are falling of the bike.
Lost part of my highway pegs,door from CD player busted,can no longer play cd's it keeps on skipping.
several bolts that hold on to the fairing were lose ,one had fallen out.
Any one had this experience?
The front fairing makes more noise than the engine.
Could it be the engine itself?
Have the extended warranty till 2012.
Any suggestions?
tooms

Check the fairing mounts too, they are known to be kinda cheesy. HD has acknowledged an issue with them.

Tried locktite, shortening screws everything other than shimming it

If the threads are impeccably clean (wire brush them/ both pieces) before assembly and you use Loctite #271, it won't be coming loose again. If applied correctly that stuff is unreal.

Front tire cupping. I have tired everything I have ever heard of to check out, but at about 6000 miles I always find my tires cupping, with lots of tread still left. This has happened on three different bikes and with Metzlers and Avons. It did not happen with the Dunlop tires, but I really like the Mets and Avons much better, even if I don't get the full life out of them.:(

Re: excessive vibrations

Thanks for the suggestion about motor mounts,
That is exactly what it was
tooms

2008 Road King. Had both front rotors replaced under warranty at approximately 9000 miles due to warping. The bike now has about 16000 miles and the rotors seem to be warped again.

Paint on tank and rear fender starting to blister , not a happy camper as my bike was wrecked and parts replaced 1 year ago, me and the Stealer are going to talk Me doing most of the talking on Thursday, Jack

Jack

Ask them if they were factory painted or locally painted at a body shop. Could be all the difference in the world here.

Jack

Ask them if they were factory painted or locally painted at a body shop. Could be all the difference in the world here.

I will, I waited 16 weeks for the sheet metal, good thing the cager that hit me had good insurance. I complained to the service manager about the long wait for the sheet metal and his answer was we can put used on for you, LOL, we will check on that I never thought about asking that, Thanks for the Heads up

02 FXD Super Glide stator went bad at around 25000 miles.
Stock bike no extra lights, just burned coils up on the top 4 or 5 coils.:(

Back