free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

Also Fairing Braces, front end was wobbly, HD tech in Wurtsboro O'Tooles HD said may be braces broke or loose..... took bike to Moroneys HD New Windsor, replaced under warranty FREE!! :) no looseness now after shakedown ride..! Seems the original part was to thin for normal harley abuse, they made the part thicker,,, time will tell... but for now O.K.
hearinig more and more about this part..know your bike... later ryd:)

Advanced stereo system pn 76160-06 mounted and functioned 3 months...since 2 months in belgium to repair...no more hope!!!!:(

you must have bought a old tire... it shouldnt be cracking already or it is defective. I would bring the bike to the shopi bought the tire from and make some noise with them.

I have had both of the outward isolators replaced on the tour pack back rest on my 09 Ultra. Both within about two weeks of each other. Tech said they have been seeing a few of them come through the shop.

keyed ignition switch

got a new ignition switch. brand name emgo. absolutely terrible contacts. in ignition mode have to play with it to get all lights working.

That's caused by a poor connection (usually loose) on the battery .

Yeah that's what it acts like but when you check the batt. connections and they're good, kinda makes you wonder.

Don't despair StoveBolt, your HD is a fine machine, apparently just a little "finicky". Check all 3 pairs of connections...the battery cable positive & negative connections and starter cable connections, scrape them with a pocket knife until they are shiny, then a thin coat of dielelectric grease and you should be good. Don't forget the skinny solenoid wire connection also.

Oh yeah, my nemesis is the ICM module I got from Pennisula HD in Redwood City that was in an unsealed package. It has and remained DOA and has gone back and forth between us (minus my money or exchange verification with factory sealed one).

Last edited:
Hello, I have a 07 Road King with 3k. At around 2500 miles or so while riding at a steady cruise my bike would cut off, the only way it would re-start was to turn the master switch off and start all over. I took it to Smoking H-D in Winston Salem and their Master Tech. called Harley and they said to replace the run kill swith. Ive only put about 50 miles or so on it since Ive got it back so lets see what happens. Love my bike! My fiance bought her first Harley last sat. a 2010 Street Glide! she wont let me ride it though, Thats ok we ride together. ps. Thank You Sgt. York for your service to our country, my son is a Sgt. in the Corp's also.

phython 3 snake skin heat shields

beyond a shadow of a doubt-- snake skins for staggered duals-- softail, eventually fail. multiple calls to vance an hines who totally ducked the issue, mutiple calls to drag spec who totally balmed v& h,, all results equalling--NOTHING. IN FACT -- I WAS KIND ENOUGH TO ADVISE THEM HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM-- THE SPOT WELDED RETAINER BRACKETS WERE OF POOR --WEAK AND FLIMSEY DESIGN AND OF COURSE EVENTUALLY FAILED. i liked the pipes then an now to the pt of buying several sets of skins an then i fabricated thicker better welded brackets an a re-chrome of the skins and needless to say -- no more failure of phython 3 snake skins--- COURSE NEED I SAY-- NO MORE VANCE AND HINES FOR ME,,, AND I KEEP A WARY EYE ON DRAG SPEC. WHATS WRONG WITH ETHICAL TREATMENT AND UP FRONT HONESTY WITH A CUSTOMER? WHILE I'M PREACHING I WANNA THROW THIS IN AS WELL--- AS A LIFELONG HARLEY RIDER-- I REMEMBER VERY WELL JUST HOW LATE V % H GOT INTO THE HARLEY MARKET.............

concerning things u hada problem with o n yer harley-- well lemme tell u-- i just crawled out from under the badboy-- had a set o phython 3's an e-bay scammer sold me -- fitment 84-94,, well im here to tell u-- if u try hard enuff u can actually make em fit a 97 softail. IT KINDA BECAME A MISSON-- YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? im talkin serious holes in inverted up side down reverse angled interferenced fit brackets..... looks good to,, but wont worth the effort. i dont know bout yall but e bay for me aint been nottin but 1 big nightmare on bout ever thang i ever bought........ now for some new snake skins---- i just cant get away from traditional slash cut staggered duals or bassani or white brothers... course i understand now white bro's has been bought out........a hundert hoss power evo---- yall know im the mad scientist,,,,, an ride it ever day,, 112,000 miles but im gettin bout ready to rebuild the motor.

07 Ultra..23000 miles fairing brackets, 4 of them I understand, were cracked and front was wobbley. Replaced under warranty with new ones that are suppose to be thicker.

Every 3000 miles or so while touring after riding about 250 miles would stop for a break or gas or dinner and bike would not restart. Seemed like there was not gas getting to the engine. Had it towed several times, when fuel line quick connection was disconnected and reconnected bike would start right up. No error codes ever showed up on computer. Finally after 4 occurances HD figured out that is was a check valve in the gas tank. Hopefully problem is fixed, time will tell. All work under warranty.

Back