free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

Never had any problems with anything I got from HD, had problems with some aftermarket products with fit and finish so I stick with HD parts.

S/E cam chain tensioner upgrade kit, the alum piece that has the white plunger in it, the the machineing on the surface that screws to the cam plate looked like they used a 4 inch disk grinder on it then machined it halfway and left it that way and no gaskets for it either, so we go to another dealer that has one in stock and open the package and this one was even worse and there supose to hold oil pressure, NOT the ones I've seen. Very bad quality, so look for this if you do this update:bigsmiley6:

The HD Air Wing horn cover. For some reason the way it mounts with the stock horn messes up the harmonics of the horn and it won't work right. At least on mine.

Iac 8,000 miles bike wont Idle at the dealer today warranty issue plus front master cover leaking destroyed the paint warranty issue

I bought a digital temp,and level dipstick and it never did work properly. The guys at the HD store said that those things gave alot of trouble. I cast mine in the trash and for some strange reason I bought a oil temp. guage to replace the very useful air temp guage.:p

just just traded my 08 flht standard for the 07 fxdse. starter went out after about 400 miles. in the shop now and is being changed under warranty

Cruise control on my 07 UC went wacky. Replaced under warranty.

Rear cylinder header cracked right at the crotch of the "Y" at about 23K miles. Not covered. Welded it and it has held up at 28K. Just got the new headers back from JetHot, literally yesterday. Hopefully this will prevent the issue from happening again.

This list looks good to me. Seems like a lot of random, normal manufacturing failure issues. That is good to know!

excessive vibrations

Bought my ultra-classic with factory sidecar 5 years ago Year of bike is 2005.
Lately the vibrations from the engine are getting so bad that parts are falling of the bike.
Lost part of my highway pegs,door from CD player busted,can no longer play cd's it keeps on skipping.
several bolts that hold on to the fairing were lose ,one had fallen out.
Any one had this experience?
The front fairing makes more noise than the engine.
Could it be the engine itself?
Have the extended warranty till 2012.
Any suggestions?
tooms

For my then new 08 Road King purchased the luggage rack bag rest combination. To spice it up I bought the HD chrome billet for short backrest sissy bar. To date I cannot keep it tight? Rear backrest shifts up and down. Tried locktite, shortening screws everything other than shimming it (which would look cheesy) to keep it tight. Other than that bike and all other accessories are great.

Re: excessive vibrations

Bought my ultra-classic with factory sidecar 5 years ago Year of bike is 2005.
Lately the vibrations from the engine are getting so bad that parts are falling of the bike.
Lost part of my highway pegs,door from CD player busted,can no longer play cd's it keeps on skipping.
several bolts that hold on to the fairing were lose ,one had fallen out.
Any one had this experience?
The front fairing makes more noise than the engine.
Could it be the engine itself?
Have the extended warranty till 2012.
Any suggestions?
tooms

Have you checked the motor mounts? There is a new style mount to replace the ones that came orig. on your bike.

Back