free website stats program Post Your Bad/Problem Parts | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Bad/Problem Parts

O9 Street Glide on the road since March

Paint blistering and flaking on frame
Paint coming of starter
Rubber seal between inner and out fairing cracking

What's next

Funny, it had 12.7 volts when I had to push it up on the trailer to take it to them!?!? But I guess a battery can do some mysterious things like as soon as you touch the starter button everything goes dead, no dim headlight, no gauge lights, nothing!?!?! This is my last Harley!:bigsmiley19:

That's caused by a poor connection (usually loose) on the battery .

Yeah that's what it acts like but when you check the batt. connections and they're good, kinda makes you wonder.

Don't visualize the connections, remove clean and reinstall them to be sure. They usually look OK but they aren't.

I bought a set of yafee crake pipes which i paid good money for only to have the brakett break off in about 90 days where i got them said warranty would not cover this because i put them on so know there sitting in the garage never buy yafee again,jel

2008 electra glide classic. Throttle sensor failed at 2500 miles. $100 in towing and $0 for repair.

Factory warranty covers roadside,I would go ask for my $100. back.
For those of you that don't know,factory warranty covers roadside assistance fully. Call the number on your warranty card.Extended warranty coverage after your original 2yrs. is up covers reimbursment,including lodging.Keep your reciepts and submit them.Guys (and Gals) sit down and read through your warranty documents so that you know what warranty benefits you have.If you don't neither the dealer or HD is going to offer it up to you!

08 Dyna Fat Bob FXDF

1. Front forks paint bubbling - Forks changed under warranty
2. Engine speed censor - Changed under warranty
3. Rear wheel bearing (disintergrated at speed!!!) - Being repaired under warranty

I also have a few more powder coated items on the bike that are starting to flake and rust on the front fender where it joins the bracket.
All which I plan to get looked at before the warranty runs out.

I have had all the warranty work carried out by Cheltenham HD here in the UK who have been very good and sympathetic.
I would recommend Cheltenham HD to any one here in the UK.
Not so sure that I would recommend the HD brand at the moment though.:31:

This is a factory unit, and now the replacement unit is failing at times. After about an hour of use, the tachometer needle either starts going really high, or really low. I have to shut it off and re-start it to get it to work properly.

j&m handle bar mounted speakers just under two years they went out and they wont fix them even if i pay for them i advise every one not to buy from them customer service is very poor

Back