free website stats program Helmet use (What's your Opinion)? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet use (What's your Opinion)?

Used to be opposed to helmets and helmet laws in general ; guess I've mellowed in my old age and I now use a Dot approved helmet. I have been riding legally on the road for about 30 years. Just made the change this year. What is the general consensus?
(I know this is a touchy subject for some).:panic

Very much the same.. campaigned in the 70's for the MAG, was even the area rep, appeared in court a couple of times [for what good it achieved :5:] but would wear a helmet now, but still have a 'nagging' feeling the rider should decide???. But *personally*, would need more legislation to induce me to wear a full face... not sure of my wisdom, in fact I doubt the wisdom in that choice, but i was never the sharpest knife in the drawer :rofl...
atvvb
Bill

Helmet use should be an individual decession not a state or federal mandated law. Like here in central Texas in the summer you could frie you brains on some days its so hot Its cooler without one. But I came up with a saying that I use alot, (which is It is better to be hot and swetty than cold and dead.)

In Texas also, I wear one most of the time. It depends on where I am. In the DFW area, I wear it all the time. Riding out west, it comes off when the weather is right. Most times it's a 1/2 helmet, but wear my 3/4 when I want to annoy truckers with the CB

if you don't wear one, your retarded period... and if you do go down hard chances are you may become RETARDED!!!

Well my brother went down with out one , didn't matter he broke his neck and died anyway. I have a cousin who went down with one, he is alive, but it is hard to recognize him as his helmet got caught under a truck axle and dragged him face down for about a quarter mile. I wont wear one unless I have to, my family understand and is ok with that. If I wear a helmet I get headaches from a sore neck. I know one may save my life, but life is a chance and I don't plan on leaving here alive!

Back