free website stats program Helmet use (What's your Opinion)? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet use (What's your Opinion)?

I have always worn a FF and hearing protection. I just got back from a 16 day 5,300 mile trip from NC to CO,UT,& NM. I saw lots of riders on the interstate with no helmets and some of them didn't even have a windshield. I don't see how anyone can wear anything less than a FF. You have to be one tough mother to ride 80 mph on the interstate with nothing but sunglasses on your face. I rode back to back 800 mile interstate days going out and a 600 and 1000 mile day on the return trip. My faceshield was plastered with bugs and I have a windshield! I think it should be a personal decision whether to wear one or not, I choose to always wear one.

There is a story in today's local newspaper about a motorcyclist who hit a bicyclist. The motor rider wasn't wearing a helmet. He died. The bicyclist was wearing a helmet. He is in serious condition but will live.

I'm opposed to helmet laws, think it should be a personal choice.

I wear one when I'm in a state that requires it.....thankfully, not living in one of those right now.

I usually don't wear one at the moment, but did throw it in on an all day ride a few weeks ago; just in case it rained. I don't mind riding in the rain, but don't like getting pelted by it when riding at speed.

I'm for it. center punched a 1969 Olds 98 in the rear door, and my helmet hit the rear wheel and removed the hub cap. While being hauled off to the hrose pittle the gobber tried to tell the trooper that it was my fault. the trooper didn't bite, but the old triumph bit the dust and I walked out uf the hospital with only a banged up head.:newsmile024::newsmile108:

Back