free website stats program Helmet use (What's your Opinion)? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet use (What's your Opinion)?

I own a 3/4 w/shield and a full face. I wear glasses and find the full face very uncomfortable and end up never using it.

So I always wear my 3/4.

I will always wear a helmet regardless of state law. My head is too important to me not to wear one.

To each his own though. It's your head, not mine!

While I personally wear a helmet, I think it should be a personal c hoice. One cavaet, I like the law in Florida which allows you to go without a helmet as long as you have Personal Injury Protection insurance in the amount of $10,000.00. JMO>

I feel it should be a matter of choice. I prefer to wear a helmet and my younger brother prefers not to wear one. I think wearing a helment is like wearing seat belts. Has there been fatilaties from wearing seat belts. Yes but your chances of surviving a crash wearing your seatbelt is alot better than not wearing one. I like my 3/4 helment.

Like most on here I think it should be a matter of personal preference. As for me, after bouncing my head off the pavement when I was riding in High School many years ago, I will always wear a helmet. I saw the scuffs and digs in the shell and it made me a believer. That could have been my head! I wear a 3/4 now and will be getting a 1/2 as it gets hotter down here.

How ever you choose to go , ride safe!

Brad

I have a shorty or half helmet or whatever. Kind of like what the cops wear, but it's DOT and Snell approved.

I am pretty sure Snell does not certify anything besides full face helmets. However, there are 1/2 helmets that are DOT certified. Snell has much more stringent criteria.

respectfully,
Drew

Actually, there are some 3/4 helmets that are Snell approved. Someone on this site educated me to that. I believe it is HJC that makes at least one of them.

gone down when dirt riding seen friends go down and every time you can see the damage to the helmet my moms helmet this past weekend toke a fence post to the front of it that probably would have taken a chunk of skull so im a firm believer but do not think it should be law.

Back