free website stats program Helmet use (What's your Opinion)? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet use (What's your Opinion)?

I wear a 1/2. It is a Daytona DOT helmet. Very light weight and still has all of the padding for your head. When it gets cold I will get out the full face. Geargia law is to wear a helmet, but I would anyway because of all of the people out on the road that does not pay attention.

Actually, there are some 3/4 helmets that are Snell approved. Someone on this site educated me to that. I believe it is HJC that makes at least one of them.

My mistake, then.

At this point in my very early riding career, I choose to wear a full face helmet (DOT/Snell), along with armor padded jacket, armor reinforced gloves, durable jeans, and boots. If I feel like I will get too hot wearing this, then I won't ride. Even as I gain more experience, I doubt my position will change on this.

I would say about 1 out of 20 people in my area wear a helmet, and many of them are in shorts, t-shirts, and athletic shoes.

Decision should be up to the individual rider.

Last edited:
I see a ton of people in my area wearing shorts and tennis shoes. I on the other hand always wear boots and jeans. i might have on a t-shirt with no sleeves but at least boots and jeans. I have always said that a motorcycle is the only thing that will take your clothes off faster then you can.

well he we go - once more into the breach and let loose those dogs of war cry havoc.
hehehehehehe i love that line cannot for the life of me remember the film.

2 that I remember. One was one of the Star Trek films with "Kirk", Undiscovered Country, I think. The other was the Christopher Walken film "The Dogs of War".

But here's the correct phrasing...

"Cry havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War."

Personal Choice But If You Go Down It Could Be The Difference Between Life And Death, Minor Cuncussion Or Severe Head Injury Which Would Leave Your Family Paying The Price So To Speak.
We Wear Half Helmets For Local Rides And Full Face Modular Helmets For The Trips Away From Home (unfamiliar Territory).

I feel there should be a choice if you wear a helmet or not. But I would choose to because I've seen what a head injury does to a person first hand. I'd rather not be one of those poor people. My friend hit a deer here about a month ago and the cop on scene as well as the neurologists said had he been wearing at least a d.o.t. approved helmet he would have walked away from the wreck with out a scratch. He was wearing one of those novelty helmets that cost like $40.00, what is your head worth?

Know What You Mean About The Dot Helmet. Our Friend Also Hit A Deer About A Month Ago On An 06 Heritage Softail Classic. Totaled The Bike Out And Er Doctor Said If She Hadn't Been Wearing A Helmet (hd Half Hemlet) She Would Be Dead. She Got A Minor Concussion But Is Back To Riding Again On An 07 Heritage Softail. She Was A Mile From Home When She Went Down.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War."[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that a quote from Shakespeare?From one of his plays?:newsmile090:

"Cry havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War."

Wasn't that a quote from Shakespeare?From one of his plays?:newsmile090:[/QUOTE]

From "Julius Caesar".Anybody else is guilty of plagiarism!!

Back