free website stats program Consideration when looking at bikes with 96ci or greater | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Consideration when looking at bikes with 96ci or greater

Maybe I'll ask the parts guy at the HD shop if he can recommend a good Indy:newsmile100:

Should be good for a laugh!

My in-laws live east of you near the world famous Villages - I'll shoot you a PM if I'm ever riding down in that direction.

Absolutely! - I hear the Ocala area has some good roads to ride. I'm yet to venture that direction, but definitely let me know if make it down to the area...

[Maybe I'll ask the parts guy at the HD shop if he can recommend a good Indy:newsmile100:[/QUOTE]

You might be surprised with your answer there, I know of a few techs that work at an HD dealership and do a little work with an Indy or possibly have their own shop on the side but just don't have the client base to go full yet. :s

Never hurts to ask. LOL

Absolutely! - I hear the Ocala area has some good roads to ride. I'm yet to venture that direction, but definitely let me know if make it down to the area...

Indeed they do, and stop in at the H D shop when passing thru nice people there:)

Hate to bring this up again but got a friend that actualy has the crank run out prob on his bike it is an 07 streetglide. he got 40k miles on it and has horiable vibration. My question is has anyone heard of this happening to any bikes after 07? All the bike i have read about online and all the people i have run into that have had this isue have been on 07's.

Thanks
Dave

Well, it just happened on my 09 Ultra. Have 16000mi on it. Started hearing a weird noise from the engine. Brought it to the dealer under warranty and they found the cranks were starting to scissor. Completely stock engine, so they replaced it under warranty.

Well, it just happened on my 09 Ultra. Have 16000mi on it. Started hearing a weird noise from the engine. Brought it to the dealer under warranty and they found the cranks were starting to scissor. Completely stock engine, so they replaced it under warranty.

My neighbors 08FXDB broke the crank with 1,000 miles

see now it startin to sound like it is a big prob that harley just banking on the fact that most of there costumer either are low mileage riders or most bikes will make it till the waranty runs out. Either way had i know before hand this was an issue i would have rebuilt my evo instead of sellin it and buy this bike.

If u dont mind me asking could u discribe the wierd noise. From the vibrations I have in my pegs that no actual harley tech can feel but i can sure feel and so can the techs at private shops I my be doomed for the same crank problem.

Nah, didn't read anything like that into it Doc - do understand that perspective totally. Just didn't know how HD shops operate given that type of potential problem...so thought I'd ask... :)

I've only been in this area for a few months and been riding solo for the most part..I'll have to just start asking around...Maybe I'll ask the parts guy at the HD shop if he can recommend a good Indy:newsmile100:

Send a PM ping to Chopper and see if he can recommend anyone in your neck of the woods.

TQ

Back