free website stats program Consideration when looking at bikes with 96ci or greater | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Consideration when looking at bikes with 96ci or greater

I bought my 07 before there were known issues with the 96 cu in. knowing it was new to the market. It has 27K on it now and I have a rattle in or around the timing area. I am guessing but it sounds like a chain rattle and worn bearing. From what i gather this is coming to be a pretty common issue with the 96 in motor. I am mechanically inclined but not on scooter motors. Can your recommend a good repair method that gives good details?

Thanks

Could someone here maybe set up a poll on crank runout issues? It would somehow have to include miles on bike at the time of the problem.

just want everyone to know 88 motors are not immune to this problem:(
my 03 deuce with 27k miles on it, crankshaft is junk .032 runout killed the oil pump and the cam support plate,but i'll be happy to get it back in a few week cuz i'll be strokin having the sceamin eagle stroker crank installed new pistons S&S 510 cams all new bearings hydraulic tensioners well everything will be new but the heads lol if i wasn't out of money i'd go ahead and have SE heads put on but that will have to wait untill i recover from this

Could someone here maybe set up a poll on crank runout issues? It would somehow have to include miles on bike at the time of the problem.

just want everyone to know 88 motors are not immune to this problem:(
my 03 deuce with 27k miles on it, crankshaft is junk .032 runout killed the oil pump and the cam support plate,but i'll be happy to get it back in a few week cuz i'll be strokin having the sceamin eagle stroker crank installed new pistons S&S 510 cams all new bearings hydraulic tensioners well everything will be new but the heads lol if i wasn't out of money i'd go ahead and have SE heads put on but that will have to wait untill i recover from this
I would like to see that poll also, my crank went south @ 27,200 miles

Back