free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

Hey Whats Goin On Everyone! Im New To This And A Little Slow With Computers So Still Figureing It Out A Bit. Anyways I Just Bought A 2007 Nightster And Im Loving It. Well I Was But I Went Out To Ride It Yesterday And It Wouldnt Start. I Noticed Someone Elses Post About The Fuse Panel Corroding. It Has Seen A Bit Of Rain. It Will Fire Up Then Sputter And Die And About 2 Seconds. So Im Not Exactly Sure What The Problem Is. Im Not A Mechanic At All But Is This Something I Could Tackle Myself?

Hi all. I have been following this string for awhile and now after 4000 miles on my 08 Nightster I have a few questions myself. I was thinking about putting mini-apes on but have seen varying opinions regarding if buying extra components is necessary. Any input? Also anyone have the upgraded rear shocks (for passengers) and have some feedback? I am 220 lbs and have heard the bigger shocks are for 250 and up. I don't want to compromise ride quality. With that, any bigger guys have better fork springs? I have heard that progressives lose their value with heavier riders. Thanks bro's.....

I have a 2008 xl1200 nightster in vivid black. I'm looking for a forward facing air cleaner. It needs to be black to match the bike. I have found a ton of air cleaners but not any forward facing ones. If anyone has any links to sites that sell them that would be great. Thanks.

Installed my forward controls yesterday. I have to remember not to follow instructions. Had to learn the LONG way by removing and re-installing parts because the instructions were wacked. Took only 3 hours and they look/work GREAT. I will post some pictures soon as I can. Paid only $277 with shipping and they are perfect. Not a cramp in my leg all day! COOOOL!!!
Where did you get your forward controls from.

I'm looking a black set for around USD$300

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
I have an 08 xl1200n black I got in april 08. My 1st Harley.
I just joined as a member but have been reading on this forum for awhile.
I have gotten much usefull information from everyone. I am glad to have read about the problem with the coroding fuse block and the solution. I solved that one before it became a problem. My modifications so far:

1. progressive 412 black in back and progressive springs in front.
2. V&H sideshots black (VERY LOUD!!!) w/ fuel pak.
3. SE stage 1 airbox

The performance increase is phenomenal. I must have gained at least 15 mph in every gear. I love this bike!!!!!

Hi all. I have been following this string for awhile and now after 4000 miles on my 08 Nightster I have a few questions myself. I was thinking about putting mini-apes on but have seen varying opinions regarding if buying extra components is necessary. Any input? (for QUOTE]

I've got an 07 Black Nightster, I have put Mini Apes on. Just had to renew the Brake Cable. Didn't want to take any chances with the brakes. An earlier post said he straightened up the metal part to make it fit but i'm not that brave ! I love the ride with the mini Apes. It feels like a different bike to me.One suggestion though, after each ride for the first couple of weeks is to check the bars are tight because you put a lot more pulling and pushing to them. I carry an Allen key to check them every so often.

Yo!

Pick up my new nightster nxt wk. Was going for a lowrider but saw a solid black nighster next to it and fell in love with it immediatly. what a beauty. I'm changing to a sundowner duel seat w/ backrest and rack. Do a lot of 2-up. At 1000 mi inspection will be adding V&H Shortshots, SE1 Air Cleaner and Fuel mgmt module and will get dyna-tuning.

Never owned an HD before but I've been riding over 40 years, mostly on BMW's, and have covered 1000's of cross country miles. Getting too old and rickety for that. Hope to hear fm some of you and to contribute to the forum. I've already learned a lot fm reading the posts.

Thanks for including me.

The Grand Poohbah of Titipoo, Lord High Everything Else.

Finally, my 'Black Engine' XL1200N picture in my profile's..
Hi there. Just joined up today and found your post. The engine looks great and I'm looking to do the same to mine. How many cans of s100 did it take to get it that black. Any problems doing it, like the grey showing through. Any help and advice on doing mine would be great.
Many Thanks
Sharkz

Well I purchased a 2008 XL1200N, with the matte Military green and black 2 tone color. I purchased some Rineharts slip-on exhaust and it sounds way better than the stock exhaust. If anyone goes on YouTube you can check-out different tones of exhaust for the XL1200N Nightster. I think you have to type Harley XL1200N exhaust and you will get videos of different types like Samson,Python,Vance & Hines, Rinehart, etc. I hope this helps. Oh by the way has anyone had any problems with the low fuel indicator light turning on and staying on while riding that has happened to me and well I have taken it to the Harley dealership where I bought to get it serviced. Let me know if there is anyone that has had this problem. Thank You..

Back