free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

XL1200N

Frozen Account
I know there are a few of us on this forum who have the new XL1200N.

How are they running, problems, modifications etc.?

I had my initial problem with corrosion but none since. "Trixie" runs like the wind and continues to amaze me. I have changed out the air cleaner and timing cover plates with the "Flames Collection" pieces and that looks awesome. I'm still shopping out other options and pieces. The flame theme is what I'm staying with. Bought the Drifter helmet from Bell and have a Flame Gremlin Bell hanging out front.

Haven't heard from Brian or any other recent purchasers...What's up?:cool:

I guess this site is just down so often that I DON'T GET ANY REPLY from any of my questions, or ?:confused:

Maybe...

Warning 0%...??? What is that all about? :28:

Nightster owners must be overly happy and too busy riding to participate in forums. Only thing I can figure since they all seemed to have disappeared?:Banane31:

Guess I'll do the same:18:

Warning 0%...??? What is that all about? :28:
Dont worry about that,thats only other features for prepare on the future when we have a big active members :s

About unaswered question,as we know your bikes is a new type and maybe only you members here who riding 2007 Nightster,honestly we want answer every question here,but we have limited knowledge and resource,so if your questions is unaswered please dont thinking we dont care about your question :)

We proud have member like you XL1200N,so we hope you can understand and stay tune with us for long time.Member who care like you should be make this forum always live and active.Thanks for that.

Richard

I bought the the silver and black model, this is my first harley i'v alway's rode yam's and i'm not disapointed in my purchase. EXCEPT for my noisy little fuel injector's. maybee i just have sensitive ears but i do wear a half helmet and at low speeds i can hear theese bugger's clicking away, H.D. service tech told me this is normal, want to add some slip on's for a harley it's way to quiet, thinking maybee rush or v and h slip on's i don't know i'v heard the rush pipe's are way to loud to bad screaming eagle ruined there's there not mutch louder than the stock's any idea's folk's? Todd from mich. navsnipe1984@yahoo.com thank's

Just came in today. Cape Cod Haraley Davidson. $9895-- Out the door.--Great Bike --Great Dealership-- Like driving a 67 Corvette not a Cadillac Deville-- Last two were Road Kings ---BORING !!!-- This is a real motorcycle.

Installed my forward controls yesterday. I have to remember not to follow instructions. Had to learn the LONG way by removing and re-installing parts because the instructions were wacked. Took only 3 hours and they look/work GREAT. I will post some pictures soon as I can. Paid only $277 with shipping and they are perfect. Not a cramp in my leg all day! COOOOL!!!

Installed my forward controls yesterday. I have to remember not to follow instructions. Had to learn the LONG way by removing and re-installing parts because the instructions were wacked. Took only 3 hours and they look/work GREAT. I will post some pictures soon as I can. Paid only $277 with shipping and they are perfect. Not a cramp in my leg all day! COOOOL!!!

What can I tell you. I was born in México . Every time I buy some accesories from HD, instructions come in English. I have to improve myself in English language. But nevertheless it is worthwhile to have a HD

Oh sorry...I guess it's not clear. The controls were not from Harley. I won't pay $450.00 for the ugly ones! I got mine from another supplier and they are ultra chrome with o-ring pegs for $200 cheaper. These look good...the ones from Harley look YUKKK! Technical writers never seem to try to install the item from their own instructions.:s

I bought my first Harley. I went in looking for a Street Bob and saw the Nightster. I wanted that stripped down slammer bobber look. I got the solid black. I have only had it for a month and have had four guys come up to me at gas stations wanting to know what it was before I started customizing it etc. I told them all I did was sign my name and turn the ignition. I got what I wanted and saved myself almost $4K in going with the Nighty. The only complaint I have is the seat is hard and it isn't very loud. It will go like hell though.

I did cut the shock boots off though. I wasn't in love with them and called my dealership to see if they were functional or aesthetic. He said they were simply for appearance. I am planning on putting some skull decorative trim on it and some pipes and that is it.

I love the bike and am very happy. I am amazed that even my biker buddies love the bike and wish they had one to just cruise around town on. It handles like a dream.

Back