free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 14 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

Hi Everyone!! New to this forum and enjoying all the talk on nightster's. I just purchased my first Harley nightster and it will be delivered next week. I cant wait to get on it. Might be a cold first ride here in the Northeast but what (EDITED). Any suggestions for affordable yet comfortable seat with passenger pillon would be great.

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this site and forum. I have a '07 Nightster, I've done some minor things to it. I had custom 16" apes made for it, slip-ons, grips, forward controls, pegs, derby and timing plate covers. Everything else has remained stock. I will post pics as soon as I get them. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem but I've seen some of my friends nightsters do it. The Rocker Box's leak. I've taken it in 6 times for the same problem over the last year and a half (all under warranty). Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this happening.

Hello All, :bigsmiley6:
I happen to have one of these little sporty's and I do like it...most of the time. This is the first Harley I ever owned and from what I have learned about the company itself, it will be the last.
Opposite to what sounds like I hate it, I do like my bike when it is running. I have a 2007 Nightster and I added the V&H Short Shots like many others because it looks so nice. I also added the V&H FuelPak and a hyper charger. It is fast, rumbles with the best of them and still gets me about 45-50 mpg. The throttle response is whiplash-like and surprises many as I zoom on by.
The one thing I hate about it though is it is rusting to beat all. Every piece of chrome on it is rusting. Actually, everything is rusting, not just chrome. I keep it in a sealed, insulated, weather-proof shed. The only thing I have not done is install a dehumidifier in the shed because nothing else is working. The spokes are rusting. The pushrod tubes are rusting. Along with the forward controls, the shift linkage, the headlight, the brake handles, the rear wheel bolt, every bolt for that matter, and anything else that is not painted. Harley chrome sucks. Even the aluminum rocker boxes are corroding.
So, like I said, when it is running, I like it. I am just systematically taking one piece off at a time and painting it. Harley warranty is a joke. You get better response from the government after a hurricane! They told me they would replace one piece of chrome over the life if the vehicle. For those of you that have not dealt with Harley "customer service" that means they will replace one SPOKE, not the one wheel that is rusting! Or, I can get one bolt or one exhaust replaced. profanity followed that point for about the next three months, but I am better now...
Does anyone else have this problem? I cannot make the rusting stop. I wipe it down after every ride, yes, I live in Florida, but I live dead smack in the middle of the state, 100 miles each direction to the ocean, so I do not think salt water is causing this. I keep it inside all the time, but it will not stop rusting. Harley has replaced the entire electrical system (when it is running...), I have gotten three new batteries because they (according to Harley) had a bad lot of batteries, and the fuel pressure regulator just toasted out on it a month or two ago.
If anyone has any pointers of what to do (outside of get another bike) let me know. I do like this one. It looks great and it is a riot to ride; quick, nimble and snappy are its best traits. That, plus nobody will buy it, so I am stuck with it and I want to be able to keep it after the payments are done and not sweep up the rust dust from where it was in the shed! Anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Red

Yes, I keep everything waxed (like once/month) after washes on this bike.
Very rustable...lol. I will never get rid of it ,though.Love the bike.

cp

Has anyone chosen handlebar extenders vs. apes. I would like to see how it looks.

Love my Rhinehardt slip-ons with engine mod(and baffles out). HEAD TURNING LOUD !
cp

i bought my 09 nightster when i was in iraq via the exchange new car sales program and was very pleased by how smooth the whole thing went over. the dealership i picked it up at offered me a 20% military discount on all parts and labor(thunder creek harley in chattanooga TN), so i had the black forward controls and the crash bars(which i put on myself) all of which look amazing. just recently i put the screamin eagle stage 1 air filter on(which was a pain in the butt because the directions werent easily followed(for me) i plan on putting the vance and hines shortshot staggered(black). other than that i plan on leaving it alone. it is deffinately the smoothest bike ive ever ridden and dont plan on selling it ever! :D

Hello to all here.
I'm new here.

My first Harley. I've owned many bikes from 800cc to 1900cc but nothing as fun as this Nightster.

Only 80 miles on my new 2007.

Bought it from a fellow who didn't want to ride. He only put 21 miles on it!

I'm from East Central Illinois so if any Nightster riders are around please send a note.

Best

I wish the nightster engine looked like the 883 "Iron" engine
Many times already I have thought about removing all the bolt on parts that I can, and trying to mask and paint the engine, but i just cant bring myself past the whole idea of screwing it up with peeling paint after a few months.
Love the bike, I have had Stage 1 done with SERT and V&H Shortshots (Black of course), black knurled hand grips.
She is a BEAST.
I have been riding for over 20 years, and I dont remember ever having a bike this fun.
I have had faster, and I have had more horsepower. but the combination of the tourqe and the speed on this one... I feel like I am falling in love with riding all over again.
Next step is doing something about those shocks.. (I am surprised they can legally call them shocks)

Hey i am a new rider and a new harley owner. I am still learning about my bike and learning lessons the hard way because i managed to totally stain my cam cover box < that isnt the right name for it > i either got H-D Glaze cleaner on it or melguirers chrome cleaner on it. i cant get it off i have riden it since i am lookin for a way to paint or stain that whole thing matt black. it is where your right foot would be their is what i would describe as stains in the shape of water droplets some bigger then others the dealer where i bought the bike told me to just spray that (EDIT)
n stain the whole cover n make it a darker grey. before i attempt this i was wondering what ideas you guys had i dont wanna start taking it apart and i can not afford to pay someone to do it. that bike was mint and i fudged it up i am really (EDIT)
off at my self any ideas ty. this is a great site.

08 olive n blk nightster wit 980 miles on it

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
What you think about trying to stain the whole thing or is their any paints that would be able to handle the heat i got a air brush what is the SL100 engine brighenter about is that worth a try ???

Ty for the help

o ok ty i dont know what BBQ paint is on you tube someone used rhino liner he said u gotta be really carefull ultimatly i would like to have it black i dont really care for the light grey that is with it. would a local HD dealer have the paint and maybe even in black. my dad said something about anti krinkle paint but he never had a bike so i am nervous to listen to him

Back