free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

Question: I am being told by my local dealership that there is not enough room for a Vance and Hines Fuel pack, has anyone added the fuel pack to their Nighster? Is this true or are they just trying to push their $495 version?

Thanks gang!

Your dealer is wrong. Would you like pictures of a nightster with a fuelpak?

It took some thinking and reading the instructions and laying the wiring harness over the bike a few times, but it most certainly fit. The instructions say that you need to take the battery out, but I managed to leave it in and slide the wires around it. The control box is mounted to the battery strap vertically instead of horizontally but I thought it fit better that way. Made a big difference in the way it runs. I am going to be changing to V&H pipes as soon as the wallet lets me but that is another subject.

I would be looking for a new dealer.

Yeah, I am done with that dealer to say the least.

Thanks for the advice, I thought something was fishy.

hi guys,i bought a blue/black one as soon as my dealer got one,last october, & i really love it.
so far all i've done is to fit HD forwards in black & a pair of screamin eagle slip ons.
jobs to do- fit some better rear shocks with a lower ride height-mine's a euro' model-as the US model sits way better.
fit a new number plate bracket-either side mount or on the rear fender-as the euro' plate mount looks like crap.

i don't think i'll bother with the stage 1 for a while as it has plenty of power for me at the mo & i can't afford it anyhow.

thanks Hobbit i'll try that & see what i think,i took side reflectors off but didn't think about that one---dohh

Following up on my crappy dealer situation and V&H Feulpack issue, I went to another dealer here in town and they got me what I needed, V&H Short Shot Staggered Black (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE PIPES.....WOW) They downloaded new EFI settings and put on a screaming eagle air unit.

Completely different bike after these mods, it sounds great. Next up, get the mini apes installed which is waaay more expensive than I thought it would be....it can wait.

Happy riding gang!

Following up on my crappy dealer situation and V&H Feulpack issue, I went to another dealer here in town and they got me what I needed, V&H Short Shot Staggered Black (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE PIPES.....WOW) They downloaded new EFI settings and put on a screaming eagle air unit.

Completely different bike after these mods, it sounds great. Next up, get the mini apes installed which is waaay more expensive than I thought it would be....it can wait.

Happy riding gang!

Just curious Griz, did that dealer quote you a labor charge for the handlebar install? I do all of my own work, just want to know what they charge for stuff like that. Maybe I might start pimping my mechanical abilities.....:eam

Tow dealers....two very different quotes, one said 4 hours (not that this is the dealer that told me there was no way to use the V&H Fuel Pack) and the other dealer said 2 hours @ $65/hr

Hope this helps!

Back