free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

I have the Vivid Black '08 Nightster, and I get nothing but compliments on how great it looks. I've only put about 140 miles on it so far. I am stationed on Guam, which is only 35 miles long, so it's tough to put a lot of miles on quickly. Had to have the left mirror replaced due to loose fitting of the mirror itself on the post. Dealer gave me new one no problem.

My wife wants to ride with me now that she is seeing me having so much fun, so I am looking for recommendations for a two up seat, or a bolt on pinion type seat and passenger pegs. I pretty much have to order everything online, so if anybody knows of a good website for these items, please let me know.

Thanks alot.

I was thinking about getting a nightster. I am 5"11" but I have short legs for my size. I keep hearing that this bike is too small for folks over 5'10." I sat on one and thought it was great. I think it is a fantastic looking bike.

I was thinking about getting a nightster. I am 5"11" but I have short legs for my size. I keep hearing that this bike is too small for folks over 5'10." I sat on one and thought it was great. I think it is a fantastic looking bike.

I'm 6 ft 200 lbs and I love the bike. I feel totally fine with the riding position, and I haven't even switched to the forward controls yet. You should check it out, sit on it, ride one if you can, and make your decision then.

I'm 5' 11 and I feel fine on my N-ster. I have forward controls on mine. Love them. I hated the mids. I kept hitting my shins on them when I put my feet down at lights. Plus haveing my legs forward actually made the seat more comfy.

Ok, is it just me or does it seem like the nightster or maybe just the sportsters as a whole have alot of engine noise? This is my second Harley. My first was a '98 softail custom and it didn't seem near as loud, as far as the engine noise goes. Exhaust is another subject, going to go with the V&H shortshots later down the road and maybe then I just won't notice it much but was wondering if this was common or if I would just be ignoring somethin more crucial? Thanks in advance for any input! I asked the stealer and they said it was from so many more moving parts on H-D than any other brand of bikes....go figure. Not quite to my first service yet but its coming up soon.

Luv my '07, Vance& Hines slip-ons . Had covers powder coated back after stain on aircleaner cover .Tuff look ! Nightster fits me good 5'5 !

I am 6'2" and about 225lbs, still have mid controls on the bike and have no problems, love the bike. I wanted an old school bobber that was nimble and fun to ride, the nightster is a lot of bang for your buck.

new nightster here, bought it 2 weeks ago.
got the vivid black. only mods so far are rinehart slipons.
by the way, dan08xl1200n, if i may ask, why did you take off the rineharts
and put on the v&h slip ons??

Had a set of the short shots on my previous bike, an 07 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, and loved them. After I got the Nightster and the came out with the black Short Shots, I had to have em. I try not to think of what I paid for the Rineharts that were only on the bike for three months. They sounded good but were a little bulky looking. BTW, I added a SE Heavy Breather intake and V&H fuelpak this week, but have not been able to go on an extended ride to really try them out yet.

Here's a pic.....maybe.

Attachments

• Nightster01.jpg
    Nightster01.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:
Back