free website stats program Bike lifts | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lifts

hadnt really thought of that way but i would assume mine would work on left side but hard to do by myself with kick stand up.i keep mine stored up off floor on lift and covered with hd cover.i have to stand mine up straight to slide jack under.so thats another reason i use left and leave kick stand down.

I have problems getting the jack under my '94FLSTC, so I cut two pieces of 3/4" plywood and roll the bike up on them first.

thanks for the tip.but if your by yourself will the 2x4s height make it lean to much for the kick stand to hold it while you roll it under the bike.

I have thought about it,but have not done it yet.but will give it a try,the only problem
i see is the kick-stand and how the jack will fit that way.

thanks for the tip.but if your by yourself will the 2x4s height make it lean to much for the kick stand to hold it while you roll it under the bike.

Since I only have to use 3/4" ply it doesn't lean much but you can always put a small piece of 2X4 under the kickstand also.

Here is a picture of my 96 Ultra on the lift from harbor freight.:D
It works great.and i have had it up all the way to the second
lock point and is it easy to work on:D

I believe they advertise a 30 inch lift height. Is that the second lock point you mention? If not, have you tried jacking it all the way up to 30 inches? How stable do you feel the bike is in the lifted position?

I have had it to the highest point,but have not put a ruler to it but it is pertty high..
It was very stable the jack comes with (2) straps to secure the bike to the lift. I made
i support to put under the lift at it's highest point and then set the bike down on it while
it is locked in the second postion,only because i had it up ther for a while,and i wanted to be safe like jack stands under a car.....very stable unit...i was supprised whe on there web site and read the reviews,most were from h.d. owners that liked it...

I have had it to the highest point,but have not put a ruler to it but it is pertty high..
It was very stable the jack comes with (2) straps to secure the bike to the lift. I made
i support to put under the lift at it's highest point and then set the bike down on it while
it is locked in the second postion,only because i had it up ther for a while,and i wanted to be safe like jack stands under a car.....very stable unit...i was supprised whe on there web site and read the reviews,most were from h.d. owners that liked it...

Thanks - looks like a very useful lift for the price!

You Bet....
I also made a wooden platform for it so i can put my snowblower on it and anything else....i told the wife i don't want to lay on the ground anymore to wash,work ont or anything else:s

Back