free website stats program Bike lifts | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lifts

I want to buy a new bike lift but I don't want a cheapie, I already have one. I am kicking around a Pitbull or a J&S but I am undecided. Anyone have either or can suggest another brand and offer their ideas why I should buy that lift.
Ken

I really need a new jack. Mine is about done.
It seems to me that the J&S is a little wider than the pit bull plus it's cheaper. However, If either one of them are at the Atlanta Bike show I'll pick one up. If both of them are there, I'll let them duke it out to win my $$$. :D

The PB lifts to 25" and has 14 grease fittings. The casters are first class, 4" wheels. The PB includes the handle to pull around. Both are premium lifts
Ken

Now, only about 9-10 more years until retirement!

Amen Brother. Your words are well spoken and from the heart. I am going to get the J&S or the Pit Bull. They both are made in the USA and are solid as a rock. I do my own work on my bikes and I currently have a less expensive lift/jack that really is not what I want. Cumbersome best describes it. I do not mind spending $$$ on good quality that will last a lifetime. My tools are another investment I willingly make (Snap On and Sears Craftsman).

I enjoy working on my bike car and truck. Having good quality tools makes it easyer and a lot more fun. :D

ugh well it's a bit more than $200 between the H.F. and the J&S etc. Closer to $300.
The J&S is $359.00 and is a top contender for my new jack. I don't mind spending more for good quality that will last. My current jack is a little rickety. It has helped with the maintenance of my Goldwing, Voyager and now my Harley. The old lift has become a little worn and now it's time to make a change. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be sorry spending the extra for the J&S. Best investment I have made for the bike. Makes service and cleaning a breeze. I personal picked mine up from J&S and they are great people with a quality made product for a fair price.
WAP.gif

My son got me a Pitt Bull lift for Christmas and it is great. I have had the bike up on cheaper lifts and there is a lot of difference. With the bike on the lift and using the handle I can move the bike anywhere with ease.

Here is a picture of my 96 Ultra on the lift from harbor freight.:D
It works great.and i have had it up all the way to the second
lock point and is it easy to work on:D

Attachments

• 96  Ultra Classic Electra Glide 002.JPG
    96 Ultra Classic Electra Glide 002.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 96  Ultra Classic Electra Glide 003.JPG
    96 Ultra Classic Electra Glide 003.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 96  Ultra Classic Electra Glide 001.JPG
    96 Ultra Classic Electra Glide 001.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 35
This is a nice looking lift. Have you tried using it from the other side of the bike?

don that brings up a ?. is there a prefer d side to put it on.i always use the rt side so when i let it down and pull it out i just let it roll over on the kick stand.
i always leave my kick stand down JUST IN CASE.

For most of the things I use my floor lift for the right side is the right side. I was just wondering that if you wanted to work on the exhaust or something else on the right side can you lift the bike from the left side? When I use mine and I want to lift from the left, when I'm letting it down I always have a buddy hold the bike upright untill I can put the jiffy (kick) stand down.

Back