free website stats program Bike lifts | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lifts

Here is a picture of my 96 Ultra on the lift from harbor freight.:D
It works great.and i have had it up all the way to the second
lock point and is it easy to work on:D
How well can you control the descent of the lift? Is it smooth and steady as the bike is lowered to the deck?

Table Lift

Does anyone use a table lift from Direct Lift or Eagle Equipment?
What areyour likes or dislikes?

Re: Table Lift

Does anyone use a table lift from Direct Lift or Eagle Equipment?
What areyour likes or dislikes?

I looked @ table lifts, but didn't feel the need to have a fixed lift sitting in the way "all the time." If I had a larger garage w/solo stall for bikes - sure, but m/c jack(s) allow you to move bike pretty much anywhere - even right against the wall.

Here is some pic's uf my 96 ultra up all the way and has the lock pin inserted
and (my) brace/support under it.I put the ruler to it and at the highest point
that it will go is 28" to the bottom of the frame from the floor.As far as the decent goes it has a round knob to turn and you can adjust it as fast or slow
how ever you would like.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 27
that it will go is 28" to the bottom of the frame from the floor.As far as the decent goes it has a round knob to turn and you can adjust it as fast or slow
how ever you would like.

I'm sold off to HF. Thanks, Don

how ever you would like.

Looks like a great lift for maintenance or even cleaning. But looking at your pictures made me realize one of the limitations of this lift. Many folks like to be able to move the bike around while it's up on the lift, and it doesn't appear that this is an option. Just something else to consider.

Looks like a great lift for maintenance or even cleaning. But looking at your pictures made me realize one of the limitations of this lift. Many folks like to be able to move the bike around while it's up on the lift, and it doesn't appear that this is an option. Just something else to consider.

Your right Doc there is a tradeoff, but the ability to lift it that high (I'm getting old and don't like to stoop) makes it appealing. The 30" lift height is about as high as a table lift and the front and rear of the bike are accessable.

Your right Doc there is a tradeoff, but the ability to lift it that high (I'm getting old and don't like to stoop) makes it appealing. The 30" lift height is about as high as a table lift and the front and rear of the bike are accessable.

I agree. For me it would work just fine, too. Just wanted to point out its lack of mobility in the raised position in case someone else was considering buying one and hadn't noticed that trade off.

Re: Table Lift

I looked @ table lifts, but didn't feel the need to have a fixed lift sitting in the way "all the time." If I had a larger garage w/solo stall for bikes - sure, but m/c jack(s) allow you to move bike pretty much anywhere - even right against the wall.
Iceman,
I'm in the same boat. I have limited space in my cluttered garage.
An ATV/motorcycle jack is my best option. So far, J&S and Pit-Bull are the top choices.

Back