free website stats program Bike lifts | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lifts

RWB make sure you get that fixed...! It is not working right, or have them exchange for another if you have the receipt. My HF one works perfectly, the "only" gotcha per-se is the "leap of faith" when lowering the bike, it moves fast the first 1/4" inch :11: ...but if you continue holding the pedal down all the way, it lowers slowly in slow controlled manner. :newsmile058:

There was another poster who designed a small bolt/nut/locking nut mod drilled to the pedal that would allow you to depress and stop exactly right to lower the bike slowly right from the start, but I chose not to modify.

RWB make sure you get that fixed...! It is not working right, or have them exchange for another if you have the receipt. My HF one works perfectly, the "only" gotcha per-se is the "leap of faith" when lowering the bike, it moves fast the first 1/4" inch :11: ...but if you continue holding the pedal down all the way, it lowers slowly in slow controlled manner. :newsmile058:
. . . . . . . .

Ugh ok ? I guess I worded my post ambiguous. I don't have a problem with my Jack. In fact " I meant " to say how pleased I was with the fact that is has held in place for 5 weeks without the bottle jack sagging or dropping any at all. I could tell since the safety catch has still not caught yet after 5 weeks. I have the catch set though just in case.

Have a J&S and love it. Sturdy and well made, never use tie downs pull it around with no problem. Will leave it on there for weeks at a time. Nice guys too!

Ugh ok ? I guess I worded my post ambiguous. I don't have a problem with my Jack. In fact " I meant " to say how pleased I was with the fact that is has held in place for 5 weeks without the bottle jack sagging or dropping any at all. I could tell since the safety catch has still not caught yet after 5 weeks. I have the catch set though just in case.

Good deal then, sorry for my err...! The HF jack works fine for me and glad to see it working out for you too.:s

I bought mine from harbor freight,for about $180.00.works great,built very well and heavy duty...i did build a support to help it in the highest postion
to take the weight off the bottle jack,now it rests on the support and the lock...nice and sturdy.it is called the High position lift and lifts the bike 30"
off the ground.:newsmile04:

I bought mine from harbor freight,for about $180.00.works great,built very well and heavy duty...i did build a support to help it in the highest postion
to take the weight off the bottle jack,now it rests on the support and the lock.
..nice and sturdy.it is called the High position lift and lifts the bike 30"
off the ground.:newsmile04:

Any chance you could post a picture or two of what you're talking about? How did you make it?

I have trouble posting pic's here (not very good with this stuff) but i bought it from
harbor freight...if you go on their web site and look for the high postion lift you'll
find it....it is a sisor lift will lift approx 1000 lbs built 2x2 steel tubing,two lock postions
lifts from the bottom and has wheels to move it around...if you send me your email
address i can send some pic's with my bike on it....

it works great!!!! i made a platform to mount on it now i can put my snowblower on it
and anything else....

Now THAT is the kind of thinking I like! I'd love to see pics! Anytime, a fella can take a tool or piece of equipment and safely add another use for it, he makes that expenditure even easier to justify!

"My tools don't cost money, they MAKE money!"

Back