free website stats program You riders in the COLD | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

You riders in the COLD

I like grits, but I don't think I have ever had them done right. I have had them at Waffle house in SC and GA, but I would imagine that a real southerner would make them much better. Next time I am down south I will have to stop in a real southern diner..

Camel aint bad

Kinda reminds me of Han Solo cutting open the Taun Taun in Star Wars..."--and I thought they smelled bad on the outside..." no thanks,

Ride them Yes, Eat 'em that would be a no...smoke'em...did that once, " long-long ago in a land far-far away..." :swoon

I grew up on Grits, Salt, Pepper and a big slice of butter melted and mixed in. Gets your insides warm everytime

It's great the way this thread took a positive turn from the cold to food:)

if you knew what proper Haggis was you would not even pick it up - it mass produced know so has lost something but the traditional butchers in Scotland still make it correctly

There is a fish and chip shop around the corner from my house owned by a Scottish couple and one of the side items they serve is Haggis. I find it rather tasty:D

I will be glad when the cold weather finally goes away and some warm spring breezes start to blow. It's amazing how a thread like this gets off subject from being cold to grits and a few other odd foods from various regions. You guys living in the snow belt need to get another hobby it is evident you have nothing else to do but sit in front of the computer and post. If the weather made me that miserable I would look to find somewhere else to live.... We have to travel to find decent skiing and snowmobiling. Understanding jobs and family plays a majority decision where one lives and most do not have the ----- to do anything about it. .... My wife and I did and after almost 40 years married was the best decision that we have ever made.

I started posting here when I bought my bike. I asked a few questions about pipes, bought the pipes, and I'm pretty sure I didn't post again until December. :D You are all great people, I really appreciate all the help I've received, but I'd really rather be riding. :p

I give it another month and it will be perfect for the chaps and jackets.

if you knew what proper Haggis was you would not even pick it up - it mass produced know so has lost something but the traditional butchers in Scotland still make it correctly
WOW!! I just did a search on this Haggis and I think I am going to ralph..Man what a recipe that is. The only part I would like is the salt and pepper..

Grits are great for breakfast in my book, even for supper every once in awhile. I like to put cheese, hot sause, eggs and bacon or sausage in mine.

why would i want to eat grit?????

They are wonderful with cheese or red eye gravy. They were hard to get after Katrina. The storm destroyed all the grit trees along the coast. :D

They imported some Cream of Wheat down south here, but believe me...they ain't grits:p

Just messing with ya Hobbit.:s

Respects...Joe

Back