free website stats program You riders in the COLD | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

You riders in the COLD

I ain't eaten no stinkin' grits, and I ain't riddin' until it warms up.

And for what i know, grits are the leftover bits of corn after you eat the cob.

Don't get nasty about it ken.I have a lot of friends in the mid-west who won't start their day without grits.It's just not everyones preference.Including me no matter how much they try to feed them to me.It's kind of a running joke

not wishing to sound rude or nothing but ground corn kernels does not taste good with sugar or not.
we have oats over here with water or milk

I'm with you Hobbit. I've had grits, and it takes a bunch of seasoning on it to make it taste like anything. Some people put pepper on them, and milk and brown sugar and I don't know what else.

We all have our likes and dislikes, though. To each his own.:s

Don't get nasty about it ken.I have a lot of friends in the mid-west who won't start their day without grits.It's just not everyones preference.Including me no matter how much they try to feed them to me.It's kind of a running joke

OH, I'm not trying to be nasty. I'm sorry if I came off that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheese grits, scrambled eggs, mix all together, sprinkle some Tony Chachere's on it, just don't get no better n that. :D

I really don't know what they are,but to me they look like porridge and taste like cardboard:(

you still have not said what they are ????

Hobbit, don't let the nay sayers get the upper hand. Remember hot cereal like "Creme of Wheat" or slightly grainer "modern" day, "Cous-Cous" (kinda like corn bread only served as Steve said "porridge style" in not a very positive way) are two types of starches they serve over here in the States, the other of course is potatoes in the sliced or diced and fried "Country Style" or hash browns "Juliened or Shredded" and pan fried in oiled skillet...
Bet ol" Glider is lick'in his chops 'bout now...food is good! :newsmile090:

I don't know; you guys can keep that nasty stuff....I'll take an omelet or breakfast burrito any day!

Don't even get me started on "kidney Pie".

I don't know; you guys can keep that nasty stuff....I'll take an omelet or breakfast burrito any day!

Don't even get me started on "kidney Pie".

Let's not start knocking international cuisine...Iceland "sheeps' head", or Scotland "haggus" let us think of more pleasant foods...when it is cold outside...PLEASE! :26:

Last edited:
Let's not start knocking international cuisine...Iceland "sheeps' head", or Ireland "haggus" let us think of more pleasant foods...when it is cold outside...PLEASE! :26:

Sheep's Head!!! Ugh!

Isn't haggus eaten by Scotts? I don't even think I could bring myself to try that even on a bet!

I love grits and it's still cold.

Grits are made from corn and seasoned properly and not overcooked, they are quite tasty, especially with eggs and sausage. Some folks eat the with cheese mixed in, when dining on fried fish.

I am amazed at the number of people who won't eat grits, but will eat cream of wheat and oatmeal. Ugh!

Just kidding but I do love grits! :D

Back