free website stats program Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire

My 09 RKC has about 4500 miles on it and I can feel a slight indention as I rub my hand across the front tire. I have the 407f tires. The rear tire does not exhibit the same characteristics. I am afraid that it is not significant enough wear for the dealer to look at it. Should I just monitor it and wait until all the 407f are all used up. I've read the replacement tire has a reversed rotation over the D507f.

With your tires cupping What PSI do you have in the tires, the books says 37psi
but i run 41psi in the front and back, i have 8000 miles on tires, I comute about 90 miles a day. a little of everything for roads, tires are still looking good

If your tires are cupping i would think you are not staying on top of your service.

And you think HD is replacing these tires because people are not servicing properly? In fact, at 41 PSI you are the one out of HD recommendation. I am not saying that the increased tire PSI you run is not helping, but it is above HD recommendation. These tires are failing due to rotation as they have admitted and have reversed the tread from what I understand. HD would not be replacing if there was not a problem. That is for sure. I have 5K and no problems yet.

I totally understand where your coming from but I check my tires daily with a gauge before I ride...just always been that way...time in Spec ops taught me well to take care of my equipment. Not a bad thought though as I am sure that may be the case in some instances. Thanks for the tip.:s

Retrop nailed it on the head...before I got a call from the service manager who would review this issue after looking at my tire I recieved an email that stated this is a tread direction issue and that they would gladly replace for 168.00 and another 78 for labor. I called the moco back and they gave me the big shove off. Remember it was just last week that I had it in for something else and they brought the cupping to my attention. Been riding for 30 years always wanted a Harley and I do love it...dont get me wrong but the service end of this is ridiculous. The tire is obviously cupping and they brought that to my attention...so I go through the procedures for the fix or at least to have it considered and get blown off by customer service and the dealership. I want to add that from beginning to end I was courteous and patient...that helped alot.

Disgusted...Redman

I guess I should not waste my time driving 50 miles one way to have the front tire looked at. I contacted MOCO today about the cupping issue and was given a ref#. My tires have right at 10K on them. It sounds like that ref# and $200+ dollars can get you a new tire.

Probably beating a dead horse, but likely if you have more than 5,000 miles on the tires when the cupping starts, it is going to be marginal that you will get any dealer to spring for brand new tire, without pro-rating and by the time you add everything up, it will be about $100 or so credit...I would expect IF you are lucky enough to find a dealer who would back you up...that is why you try to "nurture" that relationship, no matter how tough it is...

Thanks for the greatt info BigLew...better than I expected dealing with tires in the past...hope Redman' dealer will give him some good customer service based on that...

Back