free website stats program Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire

Redman

I was in the dealership the other day and the service tech mentioned I had cupping on my front tire. He mentioned something about checking service bullitens about this. I noticed there has been some conversations here about this 407 and was wondering if the moco has issued a tech tip or how this is beiing handled. Thanks in advance for your help.

ok i have a 407f on the front and a d407 on the rear. should i bring this up at the dealer in the morning, i am taking it in to have the kick stand bracket replaced only have 3400 miles on it tks.

I had 10,000 on mine. The cuppling was bad Called Harley customer service.They told me to go to my dealer.Took it to the dealer and they replaced at no charge. Also discovered front bearings were bad. I wonder if the 407f caused the bearing to go bad. Replaced 407f with the 408f.

I just picked up an 09 new a week ago and by looking at the tread pattern it seems to be the 408f, where on the tire does it say 407 or 408 am I missing it?

My front tire is a 408 and the rear a 407. Are the 407 rear tires ok or is it just the 407 front tires? My bike was manufactured in april 09. Strange they wouldn't put 408's on both.

I replaced mine a couple of days ago with a D408F. The 407F had good tread depth, but was cupped badly with 11k miles. I'll call customer service today and see what the company says.

Back