free website stats program Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire

I am still waiting for the dealership to get back to me on this....will let you know:bigsmiley4:

took my 09 ultra in today to get the jiffy stand bracket changed and ask about the tire thing and the service mang looked on his harley site and could not fine anything on it so would not change the 407f front tire.

I talked to my dealer the other day about my tire and they would not do anything stating that with 14000+ miles on it they would not replace it.

So I called up MoCo customer service today and they told me that if there is still 1/32 of tread the tire is still concidered to have life in it and that the Dunlop or Harley would cover the warranty. He told me that if it was causing handling issues it should be covered.

I did not get by the dealer and talk to them again, and it might be next week before I do but I will keep you posted.

Oh, he also said the reason they switched to the 408 was due to a road noise problem...
if it didn't cup there would not be a noise problem.

By "cupping" I assume you all mean that the middle of the tire is turning in, forming a concave pattern? If not, please describe what is happening to your tires.

Anyway, I checked mine closely today, and the tire looks fine. It is the 407F, but so far so good. I have 4,000 miles on my '09 FLHRC... I will inquire when I bring it in for my 5,000 mile service.

Thanks
Drew

You are descriding it right. When you run your hand along the tire you can feel it.
Mine didn't really start till around 8000 miles or so. I can hear mine.
I just didn't have it looked at while I was on my road trip, I waited till I got home and the bike has 14000+ miles now.

More than likely they will tell you "We are sorry but that item is a wear item and as such is not covered by the MOCOs warranty program". You will say to them, "But there are thousands of D407F out there and they all are having irregular wear problems in the middle of the tread". To which they will say something like "Had you brought this to the attention of the MOCO earlier, before the tire had 3500 miles on it, we would have been able to replace your front tire". You might then say, "But I did, you turned me down 9 months ago when I had 3000 miles on it". To which they will say, "There is no warranty on your tire. It is neither a safety nor a quality control issue. Is there anything more I can help you with today"? Before hanging up you might suggest to them "You know, there are thousands of people out there who got stuck with these early D407F front tires. Everyone of them is experiencing irregular wear patterns and you choose to do nothing for most of them. Perhaps you people need an old fashioned class action law suit to get your attenion". To which they will probably say "Good bye and thanks for riding a new Harley Davidson".

just got off the line with customer service and got a ref# to take it to dealership for review. I will have more for you tommorow as I will take her in for review. I did ask the customer service individual if they had been receiving calls on this and she admitted a few. She did not balk when I told her my mileage about 10,00..just gave me the ref#. I figure it is a 20,000 bike 09 so why not see if it will be covered...The 407F is cupping so just take a minute and see if yours is too.:s

Back