free website stats program Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats the verdict on the 09 touring front tire

Took mine in at 5K. Cupping wasn't noticable until I went counter clockwise on my tread. At the 5K maintenance they looked at it, did the same thing and felt the "peaks and valleys" as he said. No problems with my delar, he swapped out the tire and put on a 408 instead. :D

Was just talking to my dealer and he told me to bring it in to have it checked. If I have it done now its free and if I wait too long it will cost.

The 407 tread direction is down or with rotation the 408 is up or pointing against
I was out in Arizona on a cross coountry trip and a buddy of mine with an 09 RK had bad cupping (407) on his front wheel.
We stopped at an HD Dealer and the Service guy told us that Dunlop warned HD that the 407 tire would wear badly but HD insisted on the downward tread pattern so Dunlop made it that way for them. After all the problems with the 407, they fixed the problem with the 408 and thats what the '10s have on them
My '10 FLHTK has 16000 miles on the 408s and I'm just now replacing them with no cupping noticed

Yes..unfortunately I have over 10,000 miles on it so I may have a tough claim.:31:

Mine had 9,500 miles on it and they changed it for free. They messure the tread depth. If over a certain amount they change for free. They prorate as the tread gets more worn.

What's the average mileage everyones getting on the 09 and above front tire? I had a dealer tell me they're only lasting about 8000 miles, but the rears are going 15k. I think the guy is crazy. The D402 on my old bike goes over 20k on the front.

What's the average mileage everyones getting on the 09 and above front tire? I had a dealer tell me they're only lasting about 8000 miles, but the rears are going 15k. I think the guy is crazy. The D402 on my old bike goes over 20k on the front.

He might have his info turned around!!

On my 09 FLHR, the mileage is at 17,000 miles... The rear tire is very good yet, with about 3/32+ left there... The front 408 is really Close to Needing a new one...... Good wear and no cupping so I'll probably Carefully go a few Thous. more and change Both Out,,, Hoping to get at least the same or better mileage on the next set. I will buy the same stock replacement tires and look at the date on my old and New when bought..

signed....BUBBIE

PS: these are the original from new on the bike (no tire changed yet)

It is hard to compare different rubber tires and model bike as they are Different!

That's really good. Hope I get the same results. Have 6400 on my original tires now. No signs of cupping.

Back