free website stats program Motorcycle Insurance | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance

Guys I don't know about the insurance game and all the high rates I see on the post but I pay less than $500.00 a year on both my bikes for full coverage for a year! I have insurance through Bike Line Insurance!!!

Same here I pay 550 a yr plus road side up to 5 calls a year. Progaessive wanted 2200 a yr.:eam

$12K a year? What piece(s) of unobtainium do you ride?!! I heard living in NJ & NY was high...BUT!

Ok called most of the insurance co. that all here has offered up, and got quotes for the same excat policy I currently have at this time, Bike Line had the best quote , now this is for a 08 vrod / 07 touring and 03 softail. total is$1,229.00 my new policy with my current carrier (Dairy Land) wants $1753.56 as you can see there is a big savings here of over $500. some companys wanted more others less and some about the same , Go figure. now has anyone who has Bike line insurance made any kind of claim if so was there any issues are was it handled with good results? thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Maybe I missed it in some of these replies,, but I don't see any mention of "uninsured motorist" coverage. AIG charges me $498 a year,,,,but if I want to include the "uninsured motorist" part , it goes to like $1300. So do you all have uninsured motorist coverage ???

Maybe I missed it in some of these replies,, but I don't see any mention of "uninsured motorist" coverage. AIG charges me $498 a year,,,,but if I want to include the "uninsured motorist" part , it goes to like $1300. So do you all have uninsured motorist coverage ???
50/100 under insured motorist injury cost me 117 for 1 year on progressive. my whole bill for the year is 451

my quote is for 50/100 across the board , W/uninsured / Includes passenger same limmits/ $250. deduc /comperhensive/property and pedestrian/ and road side assist. some states require uninsured and some states its a option therefore extra cost catagory. I guess you need to customize your policys for your needs, As for me I never have passengers and although I carry much higher limmits on my cage , I dont feel it is nesessary to carry high limmits on a bike,I dont think a motorcycle can cause the damage a cage can,I have never seen or very rarley heard a motorcycle collision with a cage that the end result was the cage driver went to the hospital or the cage had to be towed away from the scene.

All so I wanted to add after speaking with some of these carriers , they seem to think if you are the type of person who go to these big motorcycle events and runs they think that is when you should have a higher coverage,It seem they have a lot of claims from these events or riders who ride in big groups ,another words if you take out a couple of bikes on a group ride it could be a costly experience . So if your that type of rider they suggest to go with higher coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back