free website stats program Motorcycle Insurance | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance

Not soooo my fare weather friend , thats why insurance carriers ask you how many miles you rack up a year, I average 15,000-20,000 K a year ,we here in the North just know how to adapt.

I have Progressive on a 2001 Fat Boy, $211.00 per year. 100/300
50,000.00 property, same for uninsured

Maybe I missed it in some of these replies,, but I don't see any mention of "uninsured motorist" coverage. AIG charges me $498 a year,,,,but if I want to include the "uninsured motorist" part , it goes to like $1300. So do you all have uninsured motorist coverage ???

uninsured motorist coverage is written in to Ontario policies

$365 for the Ultra with 100/300 full coverage and 20/40 under/uninsured

$108 for a G.W. with 100/300 and 20/40 with liability and passenger only

Age 47 with 30 years of rider experience and a clean record

Your rates are in line with mine thats why both my bikes come in under 500 with progressive wonder why others are so much more.

Some of the difference can be what you choose as your deductable. I have seen a lot of 1000.00 deductables in this post. but if like me you chose a lower one (mine is 250.00) then your premium will be slightly higher

Well Im gonna make some phone calls and check around , I did this about 8 yrs ago but could not find any better price with the same coverage, but its time to start checking again and see what gives. I am going to call Dairyland also and find out why the big increase on my renewal, I know a few years back they increased my rate a little because PA when to no helmet law

One final thing, if you CHANGE insurance carriers, keep the "old" one for a month or two before terminating the policy...one time was thinking of switching to the "funny lizard with the n-i-c-e accent" promising a great rate...when I got the first bill it was 3 times what was quoted and carrier said I had to pay it because I was uninsured if not...I told him I had not cancelled my previous insurance and told him to take a...walk! :eam

I have Rider Insurance, full coverage, no points, no tickets, no accidents, 06 Deuce. I pay a shade over $500 a year, full coverage.

I wonder how much it would cost us if ALL motorists actually carried insurance? Even just liability.....
I think all areas will differ in price as well....I know that uninsured/ underinsured coverage (around here and in MS (I think)) can cost more than comp and/or collision. Too many people around here that don't carry insurance/ makes those responsible people pick up the extra tab...

Maybe I missed it in some of these replies,, but I don't see any mention of "uninsured motorist" coverage. AIG charges me $498 a year,,,,but if I want to include the "uninsured motorist" part , it goes to like $1300. So do you all have uninsured motorist coverage ???

In Michigan we have no fault. So, insured or uninsured, it's my fault. My rates go up even if you hit me. The only time it's not my fault, is if my vehicle is parked. Also, I haven't heard anyone mention Deductibles. I have a 500 deductibe thinking of increasing it to 1000. What the heck, if I dump it, I pay for it and fix it myself hopefully.

Back