free website stats program Motorcycle Insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance

Hey Bud, what are you trying to say here, you're as old as dirt? :lolrolling

OR still wet behind the ears?
:lolrolling

i guess they would say wet behind the ears
if i would have bought a crotch rocket ins would be only 400 a year

Guys I don't know about the insurance game and all the high rates I see on the post but I pay less than $500.00 a year on both my bikes for full coverage for a year! I have insurance through Bike Line Insurance!!!

Well Im gonna make some phone calls and check around , I did this about 8 yrs ago but could not find any better price with the same coverage, but its time to start checking again and see what gives. I am going to call Dairyland also and find out why the big increase on my renewal, I know a few years back they increased my rate a little because PA when to no helmet law

I pay about 800 with progressive. When my bike got trashed by some vandels progressive was there in hours and I got a check for the repairs the same day. While the bike was being fixed I had been shipped back to Iraq. The shop doing the work found another problem that was missed during the inspection of the damage progressive just wrote em another chaek np and I didnt need to be there... no matter what it costs their service is worth having them.

Abour $1200.00 per year for one bike. No points on my license and decent credit (yes everyone uses it now for rate calculations). I carry pretty high limits and a zero comp. Also have a liability umbrella. If all you are shopping is price you can find some cheap insurance. Just like everything else, you get what you pay for.

I have Safeco and pay $350/yr. Since I'm laid off, I lowered my numbers, but am still considered to have full coverage. Before that, it was $550.

There's a lot more to insurance rates than points on your license and how old you are. Things that come into play include, local safety laws, where you keep your bike, weather in your area, theft statistics in your area, ETC. you just have to check around, and talk to people in your home area.

I had Progressive for about 4 years, 2 bikes as of last year...

98 Buell S3t with liability only, $110.00, When I got the softail, it was $535.00 full coverage... $645.00 Total.

I called Geico and got a rate of $76.00 for the Buell and $376/yr for the STC...

So, going with Geico saved me almost 200 dollars/yr.

1,000 deductible, 15/30 per accident and no medical rider as I and wifey are covered on the bike through work insurance....

I have 37 years of riding experience, a clean mtr...

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited:
Back