free website stats program Marrying New TSSM To Bike | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marrying New TSSM To Bike

sorry for being a pain, but when stated turn off-on does that mean turn off then on ? thx

Ok first I want to say THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO I finally talked my back into bending over and installing the alarm. after a failed few times and the last time i paid attention to what i was doing and the bike failed to start i got a lil tic, 1 a bad system 2 id screwed up again. well but this time i had to take a bathroom break and came back out and tried to start bike for giggles, and SHE FIRED UP ! I be a happy biker again. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS SITE HASNT FAILED ME YET ! YOU ALL NEED TO GET A RAISE ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay, (was out of town), but when I had failed, I could put the old module back in with no problems. :s

Taking my bike out of storage this year, and I have electronic issues that I believe must be related to my security system. I have been reading these posts, and I am questioning whether or not I really need to go through the marrying procedure. I bought a new battery tender when I put the bike away. In order to connect it, of course, I had to disconnect the battery. It was only for 5 minutes, tops. It spent 6 months on that tender. Now I have issues with check engine and security light coming on after the bike has been started. Also, no turn signals. Then, after about 40 miles, I shut the bike off and it wouldn't start again. Lights come on and EFI sounds like it fires up as normal. But nothing happens when I hit the start button. Towed it home. Swapped out starter relay. Bike fired right up. I have turn signals again too. However, check engine and security lights come on after the bike has been started. Then they go out after 3-4 seconds. I tried it a couple of times and the bike fires up and runs normal. Then, it did it again. No turn signals and nothing happens when I hit the start button. Twice, I have come out to find that all my turn signals are lit up steady. So as not to kill the battery overnight, I disconnected it. Hooked it back up this morning, the bike started fine. But again, CE and SEC lights have a mind of their own. The key FOBS seem to be working the sec system just fine. The bike is an '03 Road king Classic EFI. I have disconnected the battery in previous years. Sometimes taking it out for the entire winter. I have never had an issue or been forced to remarry the units in the past.

This one has me stumped. Any ideas?

I know that I am late to the party on this... I see the thread has been going for about 9 years, so I hope that this is still relevant!!

I have a 2012 FLHX and I am looking to install a harley alarm. Is the procedure to marry the alarm to the bike still the same??

Is there a procedure out here for setting up the manual code as well?

I am looking to buy the alarm online and would rather not have to go to the dealer to get this programmed.

Thanks in advance!!!

i've been reading ALL sorts of threads on the "learning"/ "marrying" PROCESS......I have tried and tried to do this and have failed. I lost key fob's and went to dealer & purchased new complete HFSM (this kit comes with new fob's)..removed old one, installed new one,...bike wouldnt start... didnt even start and stall like all have stated....read & read& read all these ways of getting it married to ecm.....no luck. initiallyyour suppose to turn ignition to on-off-on-off-on then hit left blinker button twice and after engine light and security red light go off your suppose to try & start. It should fire up and die.....IT NEVER DOES THAT.....Now since i cant even get it t do that what other options do i have? one more thing.......every time i turn ignition to on position "tip" lights up ..........I know what this means & how to reset it but this only happens with the new HfSm....how do i know? I removed it and installed old one and it doesnt light up any more........GOING CRAZY......Any help on this would be greatly appreciated & maybe will help someone else in the future with this situation........

i've been reading ALL sorts of threads on the "learning"/ "marrying" PROCESS......I have tried and tried to do this and have failed. I lost key fob's and went to dealer & purchased new complete HFSM (this kit comes with new fob's)..removed old one, installed new one,...bike wouldnt start... didnt even start and stall like all have stated....read & read& read all these ways of getting it married to ecm.....no luck. initiallyyour suppose to turn ignition to on-off-on-off-on then hit left blinker button twice and after engine light and security red light go off your suppose to try & start. It should fire up and die.....IT NEVER DOES THAT.....Now since i cant even get it t do that what other options do i have? one more thing.......every time i turn ignition to on position "tip" lights up ..........I know what this means & how to reset it but this only happens with the new HfSm....how do i know? I removed it and installed old one and it doesnt light up any more........GOING CRAZY......Any help on this would be greatly appreciated & maybe will help someone else in the future with this situation........
http://www.harley-performance.com/support-files/password.pdf
Have a try here

i have an '03 sportster that my buddy layed down in an accident. I have repaired the wiring at the start switch. the red key light comes on after the key is on for 6 sec. the turn signals do not operate and the engine will not turn over. I have checked all the fuses and all are good. There is no power to the start relay, but if i use my power probe i can turn the engine over, still will not start???? any info would be great

Back