free website stats program Marrying New TSSM To Bike | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marrying New TSSM To Bike

i have an '03 sportster that my buddy layed down in an accident. I have repaired the wiring at the start switch. the red key light comes on after the key is on for 6 sec. the turn signals do not operate and the engine will not turn over. I have checked all the fuses and all are good. There is no power to the start relay, but if i use my power probe i can turn the engine over, still will not start???? any info would be great
Follow this post and u will have your answer

O.K. So I took it in to the dealer today and they said that when the TSSM is connected it goes into an "Armed Mode" and that nothing can be done with it without the pin number that appears to have been changed. I asked about codes and they said that when it is in an "Armed Mode" there is nothing that can be done with the bike.

Do I now have a paper weight?

I use a system that is similar to their "Digital Technician" and have run into a situation just like yours
I was able to rectify the problem of being armed without knowing the pin number. It can be done, I have not
seen Harley Digital Technician so I do not know if they can do it or not.
My software/hardware let me correct it. I was able to read the existing password word so it could be entered and allow
disarm of the security. In my case, I had no FOB and no idea what the password was.
End of day, married new Fob and assigned customer desired Pin number.

76_shovel what system are you using in your post # 53? Would be interesting to know.
tourbox

I looked at the $$ for the Diag4bike. Can't say it is worth the money for me. I don't own a shop or anything. But thanks for the link, hadn't heard of them before.
tourbox

I have been using it for several years now, I will say I got it early on when working with MM injection.
At that time I did not think the software was all that helpful, but as of latest version, it is becoming quite useful.
I use it at the shop, doesn't make the price any better but it does help with the work that comes in.
Now it also allows component marrying, fob assign etc.. It also has tune ability and it also will give life to a new
empty ECM. Like have said, they are getting a lot better now.

Does anyone know the part number for the 97-99 Dyna models? Seems my 2000 has the 99 tcm on it.

97-98 was 32449-95C, Evo motor. '99 had 2 different ones. one was 32478-99C which was used til '03, the other 32479-99. In '04 went to 32622-04C for carb bike and 32534-11, ECM blank, for Fuel Inj.. If you notice the -11 for fuel injection it evidently was upgraded from a previous #.
What # is written on yours?
tourbox

Back