free website stats program Marrying New TSSM To Bike | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marrying New TSSM To Bike

This link is the same one and references the TSM/TSSM and not the BCM. Are they the same thing? I would like to know if the procedure will work on a BCM.

Thanks.

This link is the same one and references the TSM/TSSM and not the BCM. Are they the same thing? I would like to know if the procedure will work on a BCM.

Thanks.

I do believe the BCM is linked to the ECM there is already a recall on some 11 models Hoople should have more info on this one

Well I tried to replace the base BCM for the security BCM and the marrying procedure went as expected thru step 4. Step 5 (security light is supposed to come on) never happens. The ECM shows a diagnostic code of the expected P1009, but the BCM shows a diagnostic code of b1276.

This is on a 2012 Switchback.

Does anyone know what the problem might be or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Well I tried to replace the base BCM for the security BCM and the marrying procedure went as expected thru step 4. Step 5 (security light is supposed to come on) never happens. The ECM shows a diagnostic code of the expected P1009, but the BCM shows a diagnostic code of b1276.

This is on a 2012 Switchback.

Does anyone know what the problem might be or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Is this not a warranty issue?

No, the bike didn't come with the security system from the factory. They happily sold the security system to me as a part but now want $160.00 plus to install it.

Worked perfectly for me. Installed the new HFSM/TSM module aqnd followed all of your tips from the svc. manual. The keyless fob has to be married by the dealer using the Digital Technician II. without putting in a initial 5 pin code this leaves the 2009 Dyna without electronic security. At least now I have an option to restore. Thanks again.:newsmile106:

Ok I just bought the bike of my dreams 2011 street glide. Sadly I think i may have blown out my back (not bike related) so depending on mri reports i may just be looking at it, Sorry had to vent....... But my issue is, it didnt come with the smart alarm and i bought a used one on ebay and it didnt come with install inst. So i need to know how to go about doing this....... Can anyone help me, remember it is a 2011 street glide thank you in advance !

Ok Thx Joyflin,,,, i also got your private message and all is good there thank you...... One more question on this install before i attempt this. IF I screw up and cant get the thing to marry to my bike and from what I understand if not done right the bike wont start. So if I do screw up and it doesnt marry, can i remove it and the bike start. I dont want to do something I will wind up haulin to the hd shop and cost a small fortune. All ready did that Buy the bike of my dreams THX a BILLION YOU PPL HERE NED TO GIVE YOUR SELF A RAISE !

Back