free website stats program Marrying New TSSM To Bike | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marrying New TSSM To Bike

According to a parts search that # is a turn signal canceler. In your post # 58 you call it a tcm, is that what you were asking about or a ecm? Your turn signal canceller or module(TSM) #
68540-96 was from '96-2000
tourbox

I am having a heck of a time getting a new TSSM to learn the password. The bike is a 2003 FLHTCUI. The original TSSM had failed causing the signal indicators to stay on with the key off. I matched up the part # with the original and replaced it with a new one. I have used this procedure: http://www.harley-performance.com/support-files/password.pdf to try to get the bike to stay running again. I have also tried a couple other methods. Everything seems to go according to the chart except after step # 8 and #10 the security lamp does not illuminate. On step 6, I wait for a bit over 10 minutes to ensure the security lamp is out (it always is) Am I messing up by not watching for the lamp to go off and immediately cycling the key ? I know it was stressed that the timing is key, but it does say "or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed". Maybe that only applies if the light is still on at that point. Thanks in advance..

I went through this with my 05 Deuce. The procedure is VERY specific. I thought I could sit and read a book or magazine while I waited...I was WRONG. :O I would suspect that you are correct in missing the timing. That was my problem when I went through it. I literally had to sit and watch the light, and the light only and perform the functions as instructed immediately I believe. Although, that has been several years ago...but that endeavor is what ultimately led me to this forum. ;) :)

Welp, still no dice. I waited until the security light went off and immediately cycled the key. The security light just will not come back on for step #8 and #10. I guess I need professional help.

Are you still in the same condition where the bike will not stay running because of tssm not married to ecm?

If so, there is a chance I can help, I have been working on a method to work with ecm and components without having
the bike its self. Thus far I have been successful with reading / clearing codes and I can also read/activate tsm.
My assumption is that I can also marry a tssm to an ecm.
pm me if you are interested in giving this method a try.

Back