free website stats program I'm ready to give HD the big adios... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm ready to give HD the big adios...

+1
MOCO has to realize we are willing to support them as a result of history and respect for the company. We even agree to pay more than we should to them to support them. To say we should not expect the best product in the world while paying the most in the world is wrong. We pay more to support American jobs and a legend, the history. They have to hold up their part as well. If they expect a premium from us then we should expect nothing less from them. Anyone can make a mistake and I understand that. But we have been put on the back burner in the name of corporate shareholders. If we are willing to help them by paying a nearly rediculous price for their product, they should not even hesistate to fix obvious manufacture defects. This is an ongoing thing. Soon, they will be the victom of death from greed. I love my HD, but I am not stupid. I will support them as long as they respect us back. When they are full aware of a problem such as the crank run out, then fix it. When a brother has to fight for what is right, they are no longer the MOCO, they become just like the rest and will not deserve or get my respect or support. The next generation will not have the loyalty they are eroding. If they are looking no further thsan their nose, they have a short future as well. We pay a premium to help them survive, they can at least support us when they make a mistake.f not....well then....see ya in the history books. JMHO.

Agree, The MOCO is going back to revisit the Greedy AMF years and the market reflects that and history will too, I will keep my current bike but am unsure of buying a new one any time soon until the MOCO changes its direction:bigsmiley15:

You are correct Jack. I worked for twenty years through many scooters to get my HD. I don't think they know what people do to get to experience the feeling. They are on course to lose that commitment. This time they will not recover from the greed, this time unless they realize it, they will die from it. They may survive, but just as another MC that will not bring the premium we provide, and that means death as they know it. It is all about respect. They have received it, they need to keep giving it. Done simply by standing behind a product that is already overpriced. Why would anybody pay a premium for inferior service? Right now they are victim to share holder greed. No win for them if they expect high premiums and low quality. If that is the case, it is the end, they just dont know it yet.

You are correct Jack. I worked for twenty years through many scooters to get my HD. I don't think they know what people do to get to experience the feeling. They are on course to lose that commitment. This time they will not recover from the greed, this time unless they realize it, they will die from it. They may survive, but just as another MC that will not bring the premium we provide, and that means death as they know it. It is all about respect. They have received it, they need to keep giving it. Right now they are victom to share holder greed. No win for them if they expect high premiums and low quality. If that is the case, it is the end, they just dont kmnow it yet.

Amen Brother:D

+1
To say we should not expect the best product in the world while paying the most in the world is wrong. We pay more to support American jobs and a legend, the history. they should not even hesistate to fix obvious manufacture defects. .

I have no way to look at the warranty claims that stem back to the crank issue's but I would wager to say the majority of the warranty crank issues are not on factory stock bikes. Put yourself in HD position for a moment. You design and build a bike. From a business view there is no reason to build a part to withstand and take 100% more abuse than what is required as the bike is delivered. The customer buys the bike and beefs up the HP output,, the crank can't take it and the customer says why not & it must be junk.

I look at all the Good reliable improvements that HD has made over the years and see Lots of them. Then I compare that to the few current problems they do have now. I see an Awesome product driven by a company who does listen to their customers.

I am not saying it's the right thing to do, but for any publicly traded company, they are driven by cost vs expense. The art is finding a less costly way to produce a product with the same reliable results. Sometime it works and sometimes it does not.

If perfection is what you want, that's fine. There is nothing wrong will that goal. The problem is wanting today's perfection for yesterdays price.

Watch some of the growing pains they go through once water cooled engines are a must.
Will you cut them a break and give them some learning time or will you expect even better products than they are now.

It sounds like the Motor is way Out of Balance! Or the Run out on the Crank is way out too!
All the Harley dealers in the Country are nothng more then "PART CHANGERS!" and only do or fix things that are broken...not vibrating! My buddy here in Denver had a simular problem and 1 month left on Warranty...He had been complaining to the Dealership for 6 months months now and still no Fix or answers! He just kept barking until it went into the Right EAR ! Maybe you should get into the LEFT EAR TOO!

Just like the Twin Cam Chain guides, and the over heating problem, they have had a lot of motors that are way out of Balance and Cranks and Wheels in the motor way out of specs

If your bike is still under Warranty Call the H-D Factory and give em a good talking to!

Dont give up on the Harley Name..... The Dealers are puppets controlled by the Factory in Milwaukee...you just have to Pull a Few Strings!
Get the name of the Factory Service area rep for your territory and get him to listen!

there is no reason to build a part to withstand and take 100% more abuse than what is required as the bike is delivered. The customer buys the bike and beefs up the HP output,, the crank can't take it and the customer says why not & it must be junk.

If perfection is what you want, that's fine. There is nothing wrong will that goal. The problem is wanting today's perfection for yesterdays price.

Agreed 100% that all HD should be required or expected to stand behind is stock motors. If we modify the engine, than we should assume the responsibility.

As far as perfection, there is no such thing nor is it expected by any MC manufacture, and we are hardly paying yesterdays price, we pay a premium and willfully so. That is what I mean by support. BUT, it has to go both ways. It is obvious to all that this is eroding. All I am saying is we are willing to support them, and if there is an obvious problem that they are responsible for, they should stand behind it without making us jump through hoops. God knows we don't ask them to jump through hoops while we pay list or near list prices to support them It has to be a two way street. If they have a problem stand behind it. It really is not that complicated. Either they will or they wont and the end result will be a result of their actions. They can live with it and so can I. Come on Hoople, you really don't expect us as supporters to eat their mistakes do you?

I own a 2007 Road Glide (my second Harley, the first being a 2003 Heritage Springer) that has had numerous glitches and now has a bad vibration problem that the dealer states is "normal" (surprise!!!)...

... I'm ready to just sell the bike back to the dealer and buy a Victory Cross Country. I'm really getting sick of HD dealers and this piece of junk I bought. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cvhmpls...don't do it, your HD experience should not hinge on one poor experience from an indifferent dealer. It is not too much of a stretch to have them disassemble and fix whatever is not right, be it twisted crank counter weight or worn/damaged bearings etc. There are too many satisfied riders to be the "odd" man out...be patient, but persistant as customer satisfaction is important on both sides of the transaction.:s

Agreed 100% that all HD should be required or expected to stand behind is stock motors. If we modify the engine, than we should assume the responsibility.

As far as perfection, there is no such thing nor is it expected by any MC manufacture, and we are hardly paying yesterdays price, we pay a premium and willfully so. That is what I mean by support. BUT, it has to go both ways. It is obvious to all that this is eroding. All I am saying is we are willing to support them, and if there is an obvious problem that they are responsible for, they should stand behind it without making us jump through hoops. God knows we don't ask them to jump through hoops while we pay list or near list prices to support them It has to be a two way street. If they have a problem stand behind it. It really is not that complicated. Either they will or they wont and the end result will be a result of their actions. They can live with it and so can I. Come on Hoople, you really don't expect us as supporters to eat their mistakes do you?

Walleye, I do agree with what you say.

I am just glad you did not come back and say "So Hoople you must think that .012" of run-out is an acceptable spec and the tolerance should not be tighter?"

Thanks for sparing me of that embarrassing moment because I would have been at a lose for words..:p:p

There are too many satisfied riders to be the "odd" man out...be patient, but persistant as customer satisfaction is important on both sides of the transaction.:s

NEWHD:
I am a satisfied loyal customer and hope to be for a long time to come. I love my HD. I enjoy every second on it. I see some things some riders have to go through and it worries me. I went through a circus even after the service bulliten was issued on the front tire on the Ultra's. Terrible dealer service, and I just hope HD see's the value of continuing customer service to those who support them at all costs. I worked long and hard to get my HD, always looking forward to the day it happened. When it did, I was am still am thrilled. I am just concernrd the greed of wallstreet will overcome the sense of successful business. HD depends on loyal support. If they wreck that they can't survive, and I want them to.:p

Walleye, I do agree with what you say.

I am just glad you did not come back and say "So Hoople you must think that .012" of run-out is an acceptable spec and the tolerance should not be tighter?"

Thanks for sparing me of that embarrassing moment because I would have been at a lose for words..:p:p

Hoople:
You know I am a fan of yours just like I am a fan of HD!:D

Back