free website stats program I'm ready to give HD the big adios... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm ready to give HD the big adios...

Dont take no for an answer , I agree with Glider on this one have them check the crank no reason they cant or wont fix this bike :p

Call customer service,sometimes that helps.It did for me once.Maybe try another dealer if theres one not to far away.

Ya know it's a real shame that we as the customer get caught in the middle so to speak between a dealer that may have the "they all do that" mentality and the MOCO that at first tries to give us a run around to see if we will go away.
The only thing refreshing in a case like this is a dealer that steps up to the plate and does the right thing and follows through regardless of what it takes. It's basically the dealers call if they want to go to bat for you with the problem but a lot of them take the easy route and give us lame replies thinking we don't know any better.
Follow through with the MOCO and see if you can get a ticket number and have them contact the dealer to follow through. Sometiumes when the MOCO contacts a "they all do that" dealer, the tune changes a bit.

Good luck!

I'm really getting sick of HD dealers and this piece of junk I bought. .

From the sound of it, to me the OP has made up his mind. Even if the vibration was repaired by the MOCO, when the next problem rolls around, (and there WILL be one) he will once again be disgusted with the HD line of bikes.

Lets face it. A HD is not for everyone. If your looking for drop dead reliability or perfection, your in the wrong place. It is not that kind of product.

I think a HD should be drop dead reliable. Its made of metal, rubber, plastic and paint just like other man made motorcycles. To me theres no reason not to be if you are, in fact, the Great and All Being Harley-Davidson. We sure as heck pay enough for them!
Just my 2 cents.
wilks3

I think a HD should be drop dead reliable. Its made of metal, rubber, plastic and paint just like other man made motorcycles. To me theres no reason not to be if you are, in fact, the Great and All Being Harley-Davidson. We sure as heck pay enough for them!
Just my 2 cents.
wilks3

Oh yes, I have no doubt it could be done. I can cite several examples where Americans have built almost error free pieces of machinery. The problem is we can not do it inexpensively.

You want a mass produced product that is used in an uncontrolled environment of temperature and dampness, new models and changes each and every year, with no supervised form of maintenance to be error free and on top of that, make it affordable. That's a tall order.

Oh yes, I have no doubt it could be done. I can cite several examples where Americans have built almost error free pieces of machinery. The problem is we can not do it inexpensively.

You want a mass produced product that is used in an uncontrolled environment of temperature and dampness, with no supervised form of maintenance to be error free and on top of that, make it affordable. That's a tall order.

Back in the AMF days bikes ended up in THE Harley Hospital, things had gotten so bad with mass production and AMF greed to turn a quick buck and suck the company dry. Dont get me wrong , they pumped a lot of money in to the company I E the machinerey to build the infamous 5 speed tranny and green lighted the Nova project and the Evo. Today I think the MOCO cannot compete world wide with high union labor and still make a decent profit for the share holders who put a lot of pressure on them. I will always ride H D, I just wish times were better for all, and the union workers were not stuck in the middle JMO:D

Today I think the MOCO cannot compete world wide with high union labor and still make a decent profit for the share holders who put a lot of pressure on them. I will always ride H D, I just wish times were better for all, and the union workers were not stuck in the middle JMO:D

Absolutely.
I can understand both sides of this discussion. Of course everyone wants perfection but I sure don't expect it. I will always ride a HD because I just LIKE them and for no other reason. It might be different if I did not do my own work. I can easily accept the idiosyncrasies of these tractors.

I am waiting for the day Any company comes out with Any complex product and says, "It comes with NO warranty. And the reason why is you won't need one because it's perfect!"

The problem as I see it with these tractors is that the MOCO looks for a way to make the product cheaper as in the pressed cranks and other parts and as a result the quality isn't there any more.
If you inspect the problem parts of today and compare them to the parts in past years you will see an inferior product but the price doesn't reflect this. There are more and more parts being made off shore and the only ones that benefit from that is the MOCO, not the consumer. Poor quality parts make a poor quality ride IMO that will be back to the dealer for repairs prematurely.

I can sight many parts that were made over the years that became a problem and in some cases the MOCO left the consumer swing for the replacement cost to cover their back. The part was of a poor design and the MOCO called the replacement part "an enhancement" rather than a repair so they escaped the cost of repairs.

Just my 2 cents.
wilks3

+1
MOCO has to realize we are willing to support them as a result of history and respect for the company. We even agree to pay more than we should to them to support them. To say we should not expect the best product in the world while paying the most in the world is wrong. We pay more to support American jobs and a legend, the history. They have to hold up their part as well. If they expect a premium from us then we should expect nothing less from them. Anyone can make a mistake and I understand that. But we have been put on the back burner in the name of corporate shareholders. If we are willing to help them by paying a nearly rediculous price for their product, they should not even hesistate to fix obvious manufacture defects. This is an ongoing thing. Soon, they will be the victom of death from greed. I love my HD, but I am not stupid. I will support them as long as they respect us back. When they are full aware of a problem such as the crank run out, then fix it. When a brother has to fight for what is right, they are no longer the MOCO, they become just like the rest and will not deserve or get my respect or support. The next generation will not have the loyalty they are eroding. If they are looking no further than their nose, they have a short future as well. We pay a premium to help them survive, they can at least support us when they make a mistake. If not....well then....see ya in the history books. JMHO.

Back