free website stats program How often do you change your oil and filter | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

How often do you change your oil and filter

What would be wrong with this:
M1 20/50 every 2500
Filter every 5000
M1 75/90 in tranny every 5000
HD + in Primary every 5000

Why would you not change the filter, it traps all that junk and then you have that junk mixing with clean oil I dont get it

The filter is the cheapest part of the equation - false economy not to change it IMO if you're changing the oil. Especially if you know you've put it on properly yourself and not someone else perma-bonding it into place:panic:D

I do oil and filter every 3K miles, I know some newer bikes say 5K, but I would rather spend a little more money to have added protection to my motor. JMHO.

Since 3,000 miles is easy number to remember, I change my oil if mileage on my odometer is diivisable by 3,000. I also mark it on the calender, so I can review it quickly. Always keep spare oil filter and 4 bottles of 100% Synthetic Motorcycle 20W/50 available, so I do not have to "run" to the dealer and take advantage of weekend or coupon sales to get discounts of up to 20% for stocking items.

I change mine at the end of each riding season. That puts me anywhere from 1500-3000 miles. :s (I'm a fair weather rider)

Every 3000 miles. I ride mostly highway miles, very little in town. I do change from a 20w50 to a 10W40 when the temps go down. We do a lot of riding in the upper 30F range in spring and late fall.

Back