free website stats program How often do you change your oil and filter | Harley Davidson Forums

How often do you change your oil and filter

01dynaglide

I ride about 160 - 170 miles a day about 5 days a week. Most of with is Interstate and back country roads. I use the 20- 50 Screaming Eagle Synthetic oil. Should I change it every 3,000 miles?

Every 3 K is fine for the type of riding you do. It's the short trips that raise heck with the oil. There are better choices than the Syn 3 also for about the same or less money.

Thanks. What other oils would you recommend? The only reason i'm using that is because the guy I bought my bike from said that is what he used.

Thanks. What other oils would you recommend? The only reason i'm using that is because the guy I bought my bike from said that is what he used.

Watch out - you've asked the million dollar question!! Go get 'em Glider!!

I figured that question might just open up the flood gates. I know everyone will have there own that they stand by kind of like people do with the oil they put in there cars.

I like Mobil 1 20/50 V Twin but there are many other good oils in the synthetic family like Redline for one and these two are full synthetics made from synthetic base stocks unlike the Syn 3 that is made for Harley by Citgo corp or better known as Hugo Chavez.

Thanks for the info. I might have to try that out next go round. I just bought the oil & filter last night to change it.

I asked a friend about synthetic and he recommended Moble 1. Since I switched to M-1, I change my oil and do my recommended checkups at the same time, every 5,000 miles. I like doing them both at the same time, it saves me in the long run.

Back