free website stats program Have you CRASHED.....yet? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Have you CRASHED.....yet?

Twoup - glad all those turned out ok for you. I met a guy who started showing me the multiple injuries he had sustained from wrecking his bike many, many times. Then he asked "Want to go for a ride?" - I said "No - but thanks." So I was thrown when you mentioned the wife on board. LOL

Been married 10 years.

ride safe

Yup. Shortly after I got the bike and discovered that loose gravel on asphalt doesn't mix. Especially when you brake. Lucky I was coming to a stop so only a scrape or two on the bike and a bruised ego.. Also learned why you wear leather and gloves and a helmet!!!

Here in SoCal near the twisty, technical sections of some of my favorite roads including the PCH Hwy 1...Blown beach sand, and water on the roadway is a big natural hazard, because the locations change all the time....the snowbirds in their RV's are the other...

Yup...

1st time in 63. Failed to negotiate turn. Gravel. Riding too fast. My fault.
2nd time in 65. Ditto.... My fault.
3rd time in 66. Ditto.... Twisty pavement. My fault.
4th time 71. Foot peg caught high ripple in pavement in turn. Too fast. My fault.
5th time 72. Sand blown onto pavement in turn. Too fast. My fault.
6th time 89. Left bar. Stopped to make U-turn. Front tire slipped in Anti-freeze. Bike layed down. My fault.
7th time 90. Fell over in bar parking lot. My fault.
Ooops..missed one here. 91. Left bar 1am. Goggles fogged up. Missed driveway. Fell over. My fault.
8th time 97. Fell over popping front time onto sidewalk at bar. My fault.
See a pattern here? Hope you do and learn. Fortunately, I did.

Dirt bike and atv crashes don't count.

Next time? Probably will not be my fault. I'm older and smarter now. And, with
my wife aboard, I am very careful and pay much attention!

Ride safe

Wow.....sounds like you were going through the gears there...1st,2nd,3rd, ect. I am so glad you lived to grow up and get a little older. Ride safe.

Too fast in wet grass, feet were already down, Hit front brake and down it went. Bent 3tree and some other stuff, Me , had sore leg, ankle and shoulder. Been about a year but shoulder still bothers me. Single bike mva and my fault.

On others crashes, seems loose gravel is common, will have to keep better eye out for that.

Twice, about a year apart.
Once in my driveway. I grabbed the front brake (hard) as the front wheel hit an oily spot from the wife''s car. I hit the ground face first and scraped up my face shield and bloodied my hands. I also bent the clutch lever.

Once on the road. Someone signaled a right turn but instead they turned in front of me (I think it was malicious) and stopped. They watched me slide sideways through the sand/gravel and then high-side face plant. The truck behind me stopped and honked at me while I picked up my bike. I could barely walk for a week and couldn't pick anything up with my right hand.
The tank was dented, windshield broken, forks twisted, pipe gouged, etc.

I was not seriously injured on either occasion but I learned a few valuable lessons.

Been very lucky. Close calls, as most riders have had, but I'm still dogding a big one. Dumped bikes a few times but nothing significant......each of those I can blame on making a dumb mistake.

Too fast in wet grass, feet were already down, Hit front brake and down it went. Bent 3tree and some other stuff, Me , had sore leg, ankle and shoulder. Been about a year but shoulder still bothers me. Single bike mva and my fault.

On others crashes, seems loose gravel is common, will have to keep better eye out for that.

I went down the same way (wet grass) about 12 years ago. This is the only time i have been down and I hope it stays that way.

Back