free website stats program H D Wannabees | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

H D Wannabees

When i got my first hd all i got was hd is grabage from guys that ride the import bikes and that it will always be in the shop. but hd will have on thing thay will never have the sound and the look.

What someone rides is as irrelevant as the colour of their skin.
We are all Brothers under the sun, Riders under the wind.

It's too bad that there aren't more in this world that think like this, there would be a lot less problems.

:hiiMy hat's off to you Romain

WOW!!! :newsmile042: I Can't believe this thread even ended up on this site!
I Ride a Honda Shadow and Harley Softail. Am I a "real" HD Ride or a "fake" one? Maybe he "is" a Wannabe. So what! Maybe he isn't. So What!
My question is why would you even go to a forum and post that? Are you looking for something to make you feel better about about yourself. Do you think maybe your HD make you a better person than him? whom ever the better person is, I doubt the HD or Kawi. has anything to do with it at all.

That is where I was. I loved riding, but could not afford a HD. Rode lots of Jap bikes. I liked them all, but still always wanted a Harley. Finally got things right and bought a used Fat Boy. I love it. It is not new, but looks it and I love it.

I think there are those that have a HD and want to show the whole world that they do. There are also those that wish they had a HD, but maybe couldn't afford one. There are also those who just want to ride and ride whatever they have and love it.

If you love riding, just ride.

I also wear a full face helmet. I swear I believe some people think that makes me a poser, at least that is how a few act. I just smile every time my head gets rocked back from hitting a bug and no goo is on my face. :D

I dont think thats a fair statement.
Yes I wish I had a HD back in 98, but I couldnt afford to buy a new HD for $15,000 to $ 20,000 and a used one was not an option.

So I bought a new HONDA knock off for $8,000. I cant help it if HONDA or anyone else makes them like that. I liked the look and the price range was right.

I think it arrogant to say :
What makes you think only HD riders are real and others are not??
Anyone that rides is a real rider in my eyes.

WOW!!! :newsmile042: I Can't believe this thread even ended up on this site!
I Ride a Honda Shadow and Harley Softail. Am I a "real" HD Ride or a "fake" one? Maybe he "is" a Wannabe. So what! Maybe he isn't. So What!
My question is why would you even go to a forum and post that? Are you looking for something to make you feel better about about yourself. Do you think maybe your HD make you a better person than him? whom ever the better person is, I doubt the HD or Kawi. has anything to do with it at all.
Re: H D Wannabees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!! I Can't believe this thread even ended up on this site!

When I made/started this thread I did not intend to get folk so agitated. You may think so, but I don't think I am any better than any one else. I feel very good about myself and have no need to slam or put anyone down. And I haven't for that matter. You are getting away from the orginal intention and premis of my post. You see I know of folk who it seems would want others to think they are Riding a Harley when they are not. Case in point...taking all of the vulcan emblems off a very nice new bike...putting on H D emblems on a NON Harley gastank. In my post I did not take any headshots at anyone or put them down. I just find scenarios like those mention above (and in my original post) kind of "odd" and wondered if any one else know of such situations of "wannabees". I know that I'm not going to please everyone with my post. This is the Harley Davidson Community Forum...Not the Harley Davidson "warm and fuzzy" Community Forum. So please focus on the true content of my thread and don't read something into it that is 180 degrees in the oppisite direction. Let's be fair here. No need to get your blood pressure up by going off in the wrong direction.

When I made/started this thread I did not intend to get folk so agitated. You may think so, but I don't think I am any better than any one else. I feel very good about myself and have no need to slam or put anyone down. And I haven't for that matter. You are getting away from the orginal intention and premis of my post. You see I know of folk who it seems would want others to think they are Riding a Harley when they are not. Case in point...taking all of the vulcan emblems off a very nice new bike...putting on H D emblems on a NON Harley gastank. In my post I did not take any headshots at anyone or put them down. I just find scenarios like those mention above (and in my original post) kind of "odd" and wondered if any one else know of such situations of "wannabees". I know that I'm not going to please everyone with my post. This is the Harley Davidson Community Forum...Not the Harley Davidson "warm and fuzzy" Community Forum. So please focus on the true content of my thread and don't read something into it that is 180 degrees in the oppisite direction. Let's be fair here. No need to get your blood pressure up by going off in the wrong direction.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I never saw that before. " Taking Emblems off Import bike and putting Harley Emblems on". I would think that person has some mental issues and IMO it is just WRONG and really kinda weird too!

I am a wannabee. I wannabee comfortable when I am out riding long distances, thats why my bike of choice is my Ultra Classic.

Enjoy your ride whatever you ride and ride safe!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!! I Can't believe this thread even ended up on this site!

When I made/started this thread I did not intend to get folk so agitated. You may think so, but I don't think I am any better than any one else. I feel very good about myself and have no need to slam or put anyone down. And I haven't for that matter. You are getting away from the orginal intention and premis of my post. You see I know of folk who it seems would want others to think they are Riding a Harley when they are not. Case in point...taking all of the vulcan emblems off a very nice new bike...putting on H D emblems on a NON Harley gastank. In my post I did not take any headshots at anyone or put them down. I just find scenarios like those mention above (and in my original post) kind of "odd" and wondered if any one else know of such situations of "wannabees". I know that I'm not going to please everyone with my post. This is the Harley Davidson Community Forum...Not the Harley Davidson "warm and fuzzy" Community Forum. So please focus on the true content of my thread and don't read something into it that is 180 degrees in the oppisite direction. Let's be fair here. No need to get your blood pressure up by going off in the wrong direction.

I'm not sure you get the point most of us are trying to make.......Our point is that we dont care what other people think or do. If someone puts Harley emblems on their Vulcan we dont see it as trying to steal our thunder. We see it as a form of flattery. Nobody has to EARN their way into this community. We are not a Brotherhood (and sisterhood) of warm and fuzzy. We are a group of like minded people coming together under a common interest. We dont like or want labels on ourselves nor do we want to put them on others. Black, white, Yellow, red, short, tall ,fat, skinny, bald,young, old, man, woman, WHO CARES...How about....Riders...Thats a label I can live with. :s
Bro please don't take this as a slam on you . Too many times things are typed on a forum that are read one way and intended another. I am only trying to convey what I see as the prevailing sentiment on this forum. I don't officialy speak for the other members here but if you look around this place I think you will see it's not like other forums you have been to. If the others don't feel the way I portray them then I apologize but I don't think I am wrong.

It doesn't matter to me what others ride but I will say I think it is very weird that someone would take the emblem off of there bike and put a HD one one there. Weird but funny in a way.

I'm not sure you get the point most of us are trying to make.......Our point is that we dont care what other people think or do. If someone puts Harley emblems on their Vulcan we dont see it as trying to steal our thunder. We see it as a form of flattery. Nobody has to EARN their way into this community. We are not a Brotherhood (and sisterhood) of warm and fuzzy. We are a group of like minded people coming together under a common interest. We dont like or want labels on ourselves nor do we want to put them on others. Black, white, Yellow, red, short, tall ,fat, skinny, bald,young, old, man, woman, WHO CARES...How about....Riders...Thats a label I can live with. :s
Bro please don't take this as a slam on you . Too many times things are typed on a forum that are read one way and intended another. I am only trying to convey what I see as the prevailing sentiment on this forum. I don't officialy speak for the other members here but if you look around this place I think you will see it's not like other forums you have been to. If the others don't feel the way I portray them then I apologize but I don't think I am wrong.

I agree with Tigg here. Let's enjoy what WE ride and not pass judgment on what others ride or do:s.

Good post!

I don't give a wit what the other guys rides. It's his money and none of my business how he spends it. However: Do you think if a guy is riding a Jap Cruiser which is a Harley imitation so to speak. This party is hoping folk will think he/she is really riding an H D?

Case in point I used to work with a gent who had a kawasaki cruiser type. He had put drag pipes on it to maker it louder. One day after work in the parking Lot he is getting ready to ride it home and another party comes up to him and says, "Johnny, I didn't know you had a Harley?" Johnny was NOT on a Harley but did not tell this man that in fact his cycle was a kawl. Instead his silence led the man to believe it was a Harley (which I thought was rather shallow)...Hence I do think some folk are hoping other motorist think they are on a Harley when they really are not. But then I'm not a mind reader.

I guess I don't see any of that emblem thing in your original post, all I see is if a guys riding a jap cruiser that it's a "Harley imitation, so to speak" If the guy changed his Kawasaki emblems to HD emblems than he's a MORON. But still. Who cares if he's a moron?

Back