free website stats program Getting hit by a bug while riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting hit by a bug while riding

Every time i ride in good weather flying beasties want to commit suicide on my face
so i usually wear a full face helmet and keep the visor down
if no beasties its cos its raining and rain drops on the soft tissue of the face at 70 is sore
just need to keep cleaning the visor to get all the beasties off

Brian

aint that the truth and i use an open face lid :shock:small3d011:

had a bug commit suicide on my Glasses the other day i had to pull over and clean them, it must have been the size of and eleph-ant

My first helmet was open face was lined with cork and had webbing staps for support full face ones cost as much as a bike at that time
currently got 2 open face and 4 full face and certinlay havent worn open this year yet even on a warm ish day im wearing the winter gloves and jacket
I seem to stick to full face for the longer trips and keep the open face for short day trips im sure a screen yould help but never thought about fiting one

Brian

wait till ya catch a june bug .. had one hit the forks felt like i hit a large animal it shook so bad .. then i caught one in the chest same day looked like i had been shot with a bullet proof vest on .. and i had a windshield

Fish Flies, June Bugs. They are the worst. Late May early June you can eat for free by riding. What's worst is the bugs die in 24 hours. Cover everything that has a light on it. Worst than ice on the ground.

I was coming home from the in-laws one night last summer and hit a bat. He swooped down between the windshield and me and struck me in the neck. Needless to say it stung. My wife had me paranoid about rabies for a month.

Had a White Face Hornet go up my shirt sleeve once years ago, nailed me 4 or 5 times before I got stopped, darn near wrecked,arm looked like a small water melon for a couple of days....

Many many bugs no birds or bats. Have ridden through hail, twice. Now that is painful.

Oh yeah, I will take the bugs any day over riding in hail I have ride in a hail storm that was so bad by the time i got home i had bruises on my arms, legs, and a few on my chest. I felt like someone had beat me with a 2 x 4.

wait till ya catch a june bug .. had one hit the forks felt like i hit a large animal it shook so bad .. then i caught one in the chest same day looked like i had been shot with a bullet proof vest on .. and i had a windshield

those june bugs about the size of seagulls in MI, use to fish with them when I lived there, Fl has the luv bugs twice a year like getting hit with wads of gum, ruins the paint if not washed offed real quick, had them wide out my sun glasses real quick, had to pull over and clean them up

Back