free website stats program Getting hit by a bug while riding | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting hit by a bug while riding

i have been lucky so far nice to have a windshield. but we were coming into cheyenne crossing soth of spearfish when she caught a good size bug in the forehead. naturally it was my fault because she said iducked to miss it. i didnt.

Took a Junebug in the forehead between the edge of my helmet and the top of my glasses, while doing about 60mph. Almost knocked me off the bike. Had to stop and regroup and clean all the bug guts off the inside of my glasses and my forehead.

I got worried for a moment, I thought it said BUS! :)

One more good reason for a full face helmet.

I had someone tell me a story about a 1%er ridin out west somewhere and a bee flew into his mouth and stung him he slowed down and droped his bike his throat swelled up.

Yep. been hit many times. I still like the look people give me when there is bug goo stuck to my beard. I always tell them that I was saving that one for later!

Was many years ago I had my leather jacket on with no shirt underneath. No windshield. Bee hit me right on the breastbone stinger first. That hurt.

Last summer my wife and I were riding. Tooling along about 60 mph and you just saw this big bug swoop over the windshield and nailed me on my cheek. My wife saw it coming as well. She said to me, "thanks hon for taking one for the team.". :p

A few minutes later the same thing. Saw the bug swoop over the windshield but this time as I saw it coming i veered my head. I didn't think I'd avoid it, but thought I'd try. Well, I did. I saw it whip right past my right eye and 1/2 a second later I hear a loud "OW!!!".

I turned to her and said, "Paybacks are a .....". :rofl

We both had a good laugh over that one.

I gotta tell this one. Two of my buddies and myself were headed home from Jax, FL. This past Saturday. There was about 5 buzzards in the road ahead of us enoying a meal. One of my buddies is always playing on his V-Rod and he takes off and swerves towards the buzzards to scare them off. I almost wrecked I laughed so hard when one flew straight up into his lap and just flaps all around until he finally gets away. I wish I could have recorded it.

well exactly who hasn't been hit right. well, I can say this, last year when I first bought my bike I was riding with a buddy of mine and I felt something wet on my face and there was some stuff on my goggles. when we got to his house I found out that a bird had took a dump on me. It happened to me and i thought it was hillarious!!!!

Back