free website stats program Getting hit by a bug while riding | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting hit by a bug while riding

TCSTD

Account Removed
Anybody ever been hit by a bug while riding and where? One day I was hit in the right temple by a yellow jacket, talk about getting my attention really quick. Needless to say, my right eye and the area around it got so swollen that I couldn't see for a few days. When I felt him hit me, I pulled over to the side of the road and took off my helmet so I could get my revenge on the bee before it stung me some more. I succeeded but the damage had already been done.

Another time, I deceided to stop and get a drink. When I got off my bike, there was a dead yellow jacket right where my boys had been, thank goodness he didn't sting me there.

Let's rephrase that... is there anyone who hasn't been hit in the head/face by a bug?:bigsmiley20:

Before I got a bike with a windshield I never had to stop for lunch!

wait till ya catch a june bug .. had one hit the forks felt like i hit a large animal it shook so bad .. then i caught one in the chest same day looked like i had been shot with a bullet proof vest on .. and i had a windshield

Used to have a problem on my Honda with bugs and bees going up the sleeves of my t-shirt. Got stung 9 times once before I could get that sucker out of there. Glad I'm not allergic.

Happens almost every time we ride this time of year...especially if you're cruising the interstate at 70-80 mph. We rode about 375 miles this week-end and returned home on the big road...I think bugs are bigger this year! I have a wind shield and it's covered...it's only the ones that missed the wind shield that got me...

Last weekend, a bunch of us rode into the hills and a bug went into my mouth so fast I could only swallow it. Tasted like evergreens, probably because of all the pine trees in the area. I think I'll try to keep my mouth shut in the future.

took a bee between my wrist and watch on my way to ND hog rally. Checked into hotel that night with sore hand. Got up next morning with hand swollen up so bad couldn't get my glove on. Proceeded to ride 250 miles that day with basically one hand.

Been hit and stung many times . I got hit by a Black bird that flew up from the side of the road . Had a bruise the size of a baseball for two weeks.

Back