free website stats program Getting hit by a bug while riding | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting hit by a bug while riding

After taking hits for many years, I finally laid my shorty 1/2 helmet to rest, and bought a CL-33 3/4 with a smoked face shield. I don't like windshields and this is the perfect fix. Smooth in the wind, and no bugs....I'm lovin' it.

Thorns

Took the windshield off my Honda Shadow once to cut down on the buffeting. It worked and I had nice smooth air. Got hit by a few bugs on my full-face helmet and my jacket - no big deal. Then about an hour later I got hit in the throat by a big bug. Windshield went right back on and have ridden with windshields ever since. Guess I'm just not a real biker.

Let's rephrase that... is there anyone who hasn't been hit in the head/face by a bug?:bigsmiley20:

Before I got a bike with a windshield I never had to stop for lunch!
Yeah no doubt. I get pelted once or twice every ride. I did however get smacked good last fall. I don't know what it was, but it felt like a golf ball hit me right in the cheek. I felt it for a few days.

Biker Bug Stories, I love it. That's why we ride. Open to nature, smelling the roses,naked as a jay bird, open anything to smack us. In about 4 weeks the June Bugs (Fish Flies) hatch here in Michigan. Now your talking lunch. :D

Back