free website stats program Getting hit by a bug while riding | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting hit by a bug while riding

Ever have a bumblebee go up your sleeve and get as far as your elbow before he gets pinched and starts stinging? Amazing how many times he can pop you before you get stopped and get to him !!!!

Ever have a bumblebee go up your sleeve and get as far as your elbow before he gets pinched and starts stinging? Amazing how many times he can pop you before you get stopped and get to him !!!!

The leather I have has zippers to tighten the wrist area around your glove. I always wear my leather. I remember back in the 70's when we were young and dumb, riding with no helmet, no shirt and shorts. Ran into or should I say the 7 wasps ran into me. My nipple area looked like my wife LOL. I will always wear my leather and jeans. I hate bees.

Years ago I was riding and at the time I had a full face helmet on when I got hit in the side of the chin area. Spun my helmet so that I was only able to see out of my left eye. Scary.

i'll never forget it i was coming home one saturday night i had just turned on to the road i live on got up to speed and splat i caught a june bug to the right eyeball the pain was more than i could bear i slammed on brakes got the bike stopped sat there a sec trying to get my witts back when i noticed out of my left eye i had stopped right in front of a house so i ran to the house grabbed the garden hose and started flushing my eye out....then an older man came out the front door and asked what was going on......i told him my story.....he just looked at me and said "u get all that water you need"

I got hit for the first time Satuday, in MSF riding class :bigsmiley20: I was only going 10MPH (guess that does not count) Just thought I would add my 2 cents.

I've eaten air born bugs in about every state in the union during my 36 years in the saddle and I've become quite a gormet of bug cusine. Most don't taste too bad really but the most offensive are the ones I find on my burger at McDonalds. Bee are normally a loosing battle ending in a string of colorful methaphores and a self induced flogging. It comes with the territory and is always more fun when it happens to some one else. My worst bug,, deffinatly a tick. It was on the dog. That cost me two weeks and a Fatboy. Darn tick.

Plenty of bugs, got stung once on the neck by a wasp, im allergic to honey bees, so thank god it was a wasp....Worst thing was riding home at night, going about 60 mph, saw something coming at me in the distance....freaking hit by a bat, right in the shoulder....hurt soooo bad, I almost wanted to cry, lol...had a nice bruise on my shoulder for a couple weeks.

up in Michigan the june bugs are huge, i got hit square in the nose by one, oh man i thought i broke my nose, the pain was so bad it hurt for a week, i could not believe it my eyes were black and blue also,

Back