free website stats program Getting hit by a bug while riding | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting hit by a bug while riding

riding motorcycles for most of 51 years and never been hit by a bug. Or bees or birds or dogs or rocks or chunks of tire rubber or.......guess that's all I've never been hit with.

Got hit just above the glasses and below the helmet on the forehead... thought I had been sniped...

LOL!! I know what ya mean!! It's like...BANG..OWWW...WHAT THE...DANG!!!! I'VE BEEN SHOT!!!! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've been hit by every insect the state of Ohio has. Grasshoppers are as bad as June bugs by the way...:D

My all time worst, and the one story that gets told by my dad at least once every riding season, is the bee sting to the boyz.

I was riding behind him, and got smacked in the forehead so hard with a yellow jacket, that I was basically trying not to put the bike down. What I didnt notice was that it fell right between my leggs, and it was mad! (I was on a 900 Ninja) It had no place to go, so it just whacked me right there in the ...... so now I have to go flying past the old man at about 100, slide off the side of the road, and drop my drawers to the ankles to see how bad it was. When he got pulled over and stopped, he almost dropped his gold wing cause he was laughing so hard!
Within minutes, the swelling was so intence, I could barely get my pants back up. (as big as a softball on one side)
He made me ride with him about 15 miles or so to the emergency room.

The next night, I was out with some friends at a bar, and ran into the nurse that was in the room helping take care of me. We dated for 6 months after that!

True story!

Last weekend, a bunch of us rode into the hills and a bug went into my mouth so fast I could only swallow it. Tasted like evergreens, probably because of all the pine trees in the area. I think I'll try to keep my mouth shut in the future.

Hard to keep your mouth tightly shut when you have that wide smile on going down the road...got a windshield now so it helps...:18:

Don't mind the bees and bugs so much, it's the birds that really hurt. Nailed in the forehead at 90 MPH by a robin that flew up from middle of road. Saw stars in the middle of the afternoon.

A riding buddie and myself were headed to Savannah about three years ago when we saw some buzzards in the road ahead of us. We both slowed down. When they all flew up, I gunned it. Just as I was going by the carcus in the road, one comes flying out of the ditch.I swerved and thought I missed him until my friend catches up and is laughing. When I get pulled over there are a couple of feathers on the front of the bike and I must have scared the you know what out of it because my front fender is covered in white bird. Needless to say I put it in the wind and got to a station to wash it off.

....I'm always glad if it isn't one of those which is filled with mustard! :D

Many many times have i tasted small bugs and been hit with some larger ones that really hurt........But only once had a very close call with a low flying seagull. actually had to duck under it ,up close they are quite large.:bigsmiley30:

Back