free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 16 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

04 1200c
SE slip ons is the only mod I know of
No shield

I just bought it. I filled it up and set the milage. I have been riding as much as possible but with this rain I have only had the chance to run through one tank. I have rode it about 50% city 50% hwy, also half that time has been with a passenger. I only clock 137miles and it was 3.7 gals to fill back up. My math puts it at 37mpg which it not good at all in my book.

Confused by this????? I was atleast hoping for 45 or better.

99 Road King Classic, stage 1 air cleaner, Samson slip ons, Power commander 3. I average around 43 mpg mostly highway to work and back get better mpg on country roads at 55to 60 mph.

I can figure my mileage on the Sportster 48 just by looking at the gas pump.

If just some of that day's riding is on the slab, my fuel costs are 10 cents per mile.

Twenty seven miles, then it costs me 2.70 at the pump. Like clockwork. Spooky.

04 1200c
SE slip ons is the only mod I know of
No shield

I just bought it. I filled it up and set the milage. I have been riding as much as possible but with this rain I have only had the chance to run through one tank. I have rode it about 50% city 50% hwy, also half that time has been with a passenger. I only clock 137miles and it was 3.7 gals to fill back up. My math puts it at 37mpg which it not good at all in my book.
Confused by this????? I was atleast hoping for 45 or better.

Must be burning a lot of carbon around the mufflers (! ?)

Not what I would expect..

I have a 2006,1200 sportster R. I get 49/50 no matter how and where.

Carbed model, installed a stage one Big sucker air, Python 3's exhaust.:D

can't beat that.. Yes I needed to go with bigger jets.... main ? don't remember but the slow jet is .048/.046 Wa. Az.

signed....BUBBIE

The RK went from 36 mpg up to 40 by changing plugs, adjusting the yellow pot on the TFI down to 2:30 and cleaning the K&N filter. Also resolved the exhaust "popping". TFI has awesome customer service. Great product!

Last edited:
I get 46-50 mpg running +10-15 mph ov er the speed limits with my 2002 RK Classic 88 to 95 upgrade running mostly Sunoco93.

06 RK, changed out the stock pipes and put on my sons spare 2011 street glide pipes (no cat) and my fuel mpg went from 38-44 to 42-50, and sound went from 85db to 93db.....nice!

2006 flhtci tc 88, SE ac, V&H true duals with SE touring slip ons and a PCIII with a custom map.
When stock I would get 45/50 on the hiway at 65-70mph and 40 around town.
I now get 30/35 either way, cannot seem to do any better.
Considering returning to stock with the gas prices going up.
I check at each fill up, mostly ride 2 up, lots of long trips.
I ride very conservatively

2002 FXDL
High Flow air cleaner
free flowing slip-ons
minor carb adj - washers under the needle
Usually synthetic oil but it does not really change MPg between dino and Syn that i can see.
Redline tranny oil - 5 spd
Oil cooler

I average 50+ MPG I have kept very good records via spreedsheet since about 2003 - its not in front of me now. My driving is usually back roads at 50mph. If i am on a highway i dont go much over 60.

Now that said, i just upgraded to S&S 509 cams to get rid of those inner cam bearing at 22000 miles, so we will see if it changes my fuel consumption much - on my first tank of gas since the upgrade

Back