free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

I am getting around 42 with my windshield off, and 40 with it on. Should I expect that big of a difference ?

I am getting around 42 with my windshield off, and 40 with it on. Should I expect that big of a difference ?

Yes and NO, it depends on riding conditions, wind, shifting RPM and how heavy your right hand is JMO

Got 48-50mph on 100% gas and 40-42 on 10% ethanol, with two up and luggage on our trip west. Quite a big difference!
I would like to thank to our govrenment for giving us the ethanol, it's really helping.

That's interesting.:small3d031: I would have thought you would get better with the windshield. When I replaced the windshield with a batwing on my VTX my mileage improved.

That's interesting.:small3d031: I would have thought you would get better with the windshield. When I replaced the windshield with a batwing on my VTX my mileage improved.

What kind of mileage do you get on your 07 cowboy? I getting about 35-36 on mind.

I checked the mileage on my last 3 tanks, and every one was right at 35 mpg, all highway riding. Seems way low for a brand new Ultra, no mods yet. I've got right at 1,000 miles on it, so she should be broken in. The specs say I should get 42 mpg. Thats a big difference. Hopefully it will improve as she gets older.

I checked the mileage on my last 3 tanks, and every one was right at 35 mpg, all highway riding. Seems way low for a brand new Ultra, no mods yet. I've got right at 1,000 miles on it, so she should be broken in. The specs say I should get 42 mpg. Thats a big difference. Hopefully it will improve as she gets older.

Maybe your right wrist is still a little happy......:D

I wouldn't worry to much until you get some more miles on her.

Take a read here:

BETA On Gen 4 By BUBBIE - Harley Davidson Community

This is on my 09 FLHR stage one; SE air and V&H slip-ons... SE255 cams..

Now this is Mileage.:D

You should be able to get the same as me..No secret,,,,Just using a Gen 4 by Dobeck.

signed....BUBBIE

Do you think I should put one of these on my new scoot??? Might wait till the spring, when I put on a new exhaust system. Have to get rid of the cats and make it louder. It's way too quiet. I wonder if Gen4 will void the warranty. I was at the dealership yesterday talking to them about my 1,000 mile service and what oil they recommend. They said Syn3 in all 3 holes. I told them I like Mobil1 V-Twin 20-50 and thats what I used in my Heritage. They said if there is a problem with the motor later on, Harley could void the warranty because Mobil1 is not a "Harley approved product".

Maybe your right wrist is still a little happy......:D

I wouldn't worry to much until you get some more miles on her.

You could be right about my right wrist. Once I passed the 500 mile break in period, my wrist has been getting a work out. At least until I set the cruise control. Sure do like the cruise control. Now, if all these people would stop driving so slow in the left lane on the highway. Dont they know I've got miles to go and gas to burn up :D

Back